PDA

View Full Version : Any Cadet Pilot Training Programme For An Indian ?

adi0989
1st Aug 2009, 08:40
Hey everybody ,
My name is Adithya Sridhar . I am doing BE , CSE (Bachelor of Engineering , Computer Science Engineering ) (an UG prog.) in Chennai , India . My passion to become a pilot was since my high school days . But that time , about 5 years back , i was not able to meet any pilot or get any information on how to become one . Now , few of my school seniors have completed their CPL course , in India and abroad , few through agencies , few through cadet programmes .

I will be completing my BE prog in about 1.5 years from now . My friends who went through agencies tell me that i will have to spend about Rs.25,00,000 (ie.52000$ USD) abroad in countries like NZ , Canada , US etc. to complete my CPL prog , including all things ( accomodation , food , EVERYTHING ) . This is a really big amount for me . I might as well have to give up my dreams of becoming a pilot if it is this large a sum .

But apart from this , my friend , recently finished his CPL prog through INDIGO Cadet prog . He spent only a third of the amount i mentioned above . Rest was taken care by the company , but he had to sign a bond of working for the company for 5 years . He was willingly doing it because it was only going to increase him the flying hours plus he is being paid . Even I was really impressed by the way it is being done .

I am a school topper in mathematics . I have attended many apptitude tests and cleared it . I have certificates for all that . I have a decent fluency in english . I need some help from you people in telling me about the Cadet prog available in the world (incl. India ) , for Indians (not any other country nationality) . Like i said , i do not mind working for the company for a few years , provided they pay me a decent amount . I have the talent in getting selected to the cadet prog ( am sorry , not trying to boast here ) . I am confident i will clear it . Its just that i don't know where its happening .

Btw , if i get selected in any cadet prog . , i can start going to training right away , because my college can give me special permission to do that and do BE as a currespondance .

Hoping for a positive response from you people .
Thanks !

P.S.:
This is the first time , i am actually joining a forum or writing a thread . Have read lots of them , on many topics under the sun . It wasnt that i didn't know about all this , but i just thought all was crap and a time waste . Now that i am really starting to like this site , i decided i would join it . So , sorry and please bear with me if i make a few mistakes .

Also , i just looked into Etihad Cadet Pilot Training Prog . but came to know they had stopped taking entries .