PDA

View Full Version : JPA Receipts - Rates

Polis
31st Jul 2009, 16:34
The 'collect endless receipts' thing is going to be re-replaced by Rates (flat or otherwise) for crews and servicemen away from home base. The present system of gathering, administering and retaining countless receipts is out of control :suspect: - news?

VinRouge
31st Jul 2009, 16:35
And you are?

Or, more succinctly, Are you a journalist? Because I know your code of conduct means you have to tell me if I ask you directly...

Uncle Ginsters
31st Jul 2009, 17:06
A rumour that's been doing the rounds for a while - since the JPA based royal pain in the rear started - but has gone very quiet over the last few months.

Here's hoping for news soon - my receipt 'filing' system is filling up rapidly!

Uncle G:ok:

vecvechookattack
1st Aug 2009, 14:46
I quite like the receipt collecting....At least you know how much to claim for and as long as you are insdie the £27.10 a day its fine. I submitted a claim last week and by the end of the day the money was in my account....that never happened before.... there was always a 3 week wait for the money.

Arty Fufkin
2nd Aug 2009, 17:14
I fail to see how you call payment the same afternoon progress. Under the old system, you used to get the money before you even spent it! That's what I call quick payment.:ok:

Lima Juliet
2nd Aug 2009, 17:22
Not wanting to defend JPA but you can get an advance before you go if you want.

I personally just object to being treated like a child when I can authorise and fly a multi-million pound aircraft but I have to produce a receipt to get my allowance :*

I, for one, hope this Rumour is true and that we will get a flat allowance to spend on our food and incidentals when we go on HM's business.

LJ

12 twists per inch
2nd Aug 2009, 19:46
I had a JPA party the other day as one of my claims hit 100 days without being payed! It's stablemate is on 86 days. E-support took 9 days to reply before palming it off to unit HR as an FSI issue. I still await :ugh:

Absolutely rubbish system with rubbish support.

SirToppamHat
2nd Aug 2009, 19:53
On the subject of JPA, has anyone tried to start a new claim or renew an existing claim for CEA (the bit where you have to prove you are 'mobile') recently?

I understand there is now an external 'agency', to which you have to prove your entitlement. I know someone who has had an absolute nightmare claiming, despite the fact that both his kids have been in the system for several years. He suggests that anyone whose entitlement is due for renewal should start the process at least 6 mths prior to the due date. Anyone out there have similar experiences?

STH

Strictly Jungly
2nd Aug 2009, 19:56
Well if it does hold water and this is brought in then they have acheived what they wanted in the first place - the loss of all of our scribblies who dealt with these matters in the good old days..................I won't hold my breath...............I'm on short finals for exit stage left anyway...........

SJ

Phoney Tony
2nd Aug 2009, 20:02
A hidden cost is the amount of time it takes to:

Read the APs to ensure you have claimed the right amount
Log on.
Open the application.
Fill in each line of the claim.
Submit the claim.
Log off.

It took me 45 mins to submit a claim the other day. I have to do this in company time. Is this cost effective. Prior to JPA I could fill in the paper work as I went along (My own time) and send the form off to SHQ, after getting my boss to sign, on my return.

Bob the Doc
2nd Aug 2009, 20:38
Try doing it when you are 45 minutes from your nearest unit and 2 hours from your home unit. Internet JPA is now available but only for expenses. Nothing else will work

cynicalint
2nd Aug 2009, 21:14
you now have to fill in a form JPA600 before you put in a claim, signed by your 'line manager' and his boss. And its longer than the old F1771, so more paperwork before you can use the 'improved' admin system to get a reduced service! progress???

vecvechookattack
3rd Aug 2009, 08:36
The easiest way to avoid JPA claiming is to put the expense onto your GPC card..... that way the government pays the bill right from the start and you don't spend any of your money. The easiest way to wind up a bean counter is to pay for petrol on a GPC card.....works every time.... tee hee

Mick Strigg
3rd Aug 2009, 09:32
VVHA,

Not allowed to do that any more; no more T & S on GPC. Check the latest missive from FLEET!

SirToppamHat
3rd Aug 2009, 20:56
you now have to fill in a form JPA600 before you put in a claim, signed by your 'line manager' and his boss. And its longer than the old F1771, so more paperwork before you can use the 'improved' admin system to get a reduced service! progress???

Since when? Nobody tells me anything!

STH

LateArmLive
3rd Aug 2009, 21:37
That's the beauty of the system - you are supposed to be an expert on all aspects of JPA at all times! Surely you read the JPA portal news every day? It only takes about 10 minutes to load the page on the work PCs. I bet everyone has plenty of time to check these things out instead of doing their jobs..........:ugh:

Stuff
4th Aug 2009, 06:03

Someone's having you on.

There's nothing on the JPA digest to suggest this change: http://www.ipublish.dii.r.mil.uk/nlapps/docs/default.asp?fid=1533

Nor is there anything in the Bulletins: http://www.ipublish.dii.r.mil.uk/nlapps/docs/default.asp?id=10400

(Why have two places for this rubbish. What was wrong with a page of News?)

And I can't even find a JPA600 in the forms store, by the look of the numbering system in use we are a long way from any form reaching 600: http://www.ipublish.dii.r.mil.uk/nlapps/docs/default.asp?id=4260

Griz
4th Aug 2009, 09:42
On the subject of JPA, has anyone tried to start a new claim or renew an existing claim for CEA (the bit where you have to prove you are 'mobile') recently?

The mobility certificate expiry date is on JPA. My claim took all of 2 mins this time round. The initial one was a little bit frustrating but once everything was in place it was fine. (apart from the system not believing that someone can start senior school when they are 11 yrs old!)

4th Aug 2009, 12:07
The problem with the mobility certificate is that there only seems to be one person who works in the CEA office, the phone is always engaged or on answerphone and they don't return messages or emails. It took 3 months to renew my mobility certificate and only 5 days of that was getting the form to and from my desk officer, the rest was pure CEA delays - so yes, start early.

And when I did get the certificate, they put the wrong date on it anyway:ugh:

cynicalint
4th Aug 2009, 14:23
The JPAF600 has been promulgated under our local orders and therefore may be a local arrangement, but as I work at a joint unit I somehow don't think so as I'm sure it will catch up elsewhere soon.....I'm at home for a few weeks but will post the form, or at least a link to it when I get back.