PDA

View Full Version : D CAT Instructor Rating NZ

DeathStar-Alpha
30th Jul 2009, 10:38
Howdy

I'm going to do my D Cat Instructors Rating very soon and was wondering if anyone else has recently aswell?

Noone I've spoken to is 100% sure on what you do in the flight test. I have looked on the CAA website and read the syllabus so I know what to expect. But some info from someone who's done it would be great :ok:

Cheers,

DStar

Got the horn
30th Jul 2009, 19:54
If you have a current B-Cat and 700+ hrs total time they'll issue one to you based on that.

Corkey McFuz
30th Jul 2009, 22:45
I did a couple of years ago. Was just a briefing (on the board) about the aircraft, then went out to give him a type rating. Had to fix a few of his fu*k ups for him to make sure I wouldn't let us crash etc, quick debrief after. but yea thats about it. Hardly even touched the controls. Over in about 2 and a half hours. Piece of cake. :ok:

Water Wings
31st Jul 2009, 00:50
If you have a current B-Cat and 700+ hrs total time they'll issue one to you based on that.

A C-Cat with 700+ hours will also suffice.

DeathStar-Alpha
2nd Aug 2009, 22:57
Cheers guys

Sounds rather straight forward. Ill hunt out some notes from a local aeroclub, that should be all ill need.

DStar :ok::ok:

Kiwi172
3rd Aug 2009, 05:18
Yes D Star I've done a multi, night, IFR 'D' cat recently, more to it than you may think

DeathStar-Alpha
3rd Aug 2009, 11:05
kiwi172,

Could you explain please. What exactly more is there? Im just doing a simple d cat not multi or night or IF. I don't have any reference apart from what the CAA website tells me and would like as much info as possible.

Cheers,

DStar :)

Water Wings
3rd Aug 2009, 21:44
Could you explain please. What exactly more is there? Im just doing a simple d cat not multi or night or IF. I don't have any reference apart from what the CAA website tells me and would like as much info as possible.

I'll take a crack.

Depending on the aircraft you do it in (lets just for example say an Arrow), you may have to describe the aircraft systems eg. retractable landing gear etc. How does a CSU work etc. Know your machine and you should be fine.

M14_P
6th Aug 2009, 05:23
Speaking of D Cats great news that the CAA is doing away with the proposed requirement for training providers to be certified under 141. Which leaves B Cats doing their own in-house type conversions and D Cats the same open to continue, great news. Will get onto getting it signed off myself.

Corkey McFuz
6th Aug 2009, 07:38
Where did you hear that ? Seems the opposite on the feds website, seminars and all...