PDA

View Full Version : Fiji AIP

PBC
30th Jul 2009, 01:30
Hi All,

Im chasing an electronic copy of the Fijian AIP... most countries seem to have the AIP available in pdf format on the appropriate air traffic services website. I have tried the CAAFI website but it seems all the links are to purchase a hard copy.

If any pilots/ATC in the region could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks
PBC

Nuffsenuff
30th Jul 2009, 02:25
Not available for download, only purchase... have to make money somehow. The Fiji AIP is produced by the the same guys that produce AIP NZ I believe.

Anything in particular you're after?

Nuff

PBC
30th Jul 2009, 02:33
I thought that was going to be the case after 4 hours of trawling the internet! :ugh:
I may have to purchase it, I will need approach charts and information re clearances for foreign aircraft.

Thanks for confirming it for me :ok:

NGsim
30th Jul 2009, 04:01
Sorry PBC technology is not a strong point of CAAFI's.
What are you bringing in??

coconut99
30th Jul 2009, 04:30
I have heard it is around the $400 ripoff. Why not just use the jeps charts/plates, and get all other info via contact with caafi? Are you bringing an aircraft for transit?

PBC
30th Jul 2009, 07:19
Bringing in an aero commander, just a one night stop over. $400 is a bit steep for one days use.... I'll use what I have and contact the CAAFI for info on clearances, permission etc