PDA

View Full Version : deccan cargo 360

devilvab
29th Jul 2009, 10:47
folks recently deccan cargo had a recruitment program for cpl holders.a total of 9 people have been selected and 3 have been put on hold.i am one of the selected lot.
but then i am not very sure of joining.they have asked for 15lakhs at the time of joining and further an amount of 15lakhs will be deducted from the salary.though they have promised a big amount of 28lakhs per annum but nothing can be said.i would really apreciate if anybody could throw some light on the same..

silent_scream
29th Jul 2009, 11:18
Congratulations DevilVab.

The money part completely depends on your financial status. If you are to invest 30 Lacs and get 28 Lacs back in the very first year, It is a fair deal.
But what's questionable is, How long is the Company going to sustain ?
If it does for 1 year and 1 month, you have your money recovered and also the Jet experience. But if they do not, God bless us all.

Apart from the monetary obligations, whats the period of Bond / Contract they want you to sign ?

Regards,
Silent.

Left Wing
29th Jul 2009, 15:27
if this 15 lacks gets on the RHS of A310 do it now..make sure to clock your first 500 hours..then you are open to the intl market...

with wide body jet time and intl flt ops.... any one will grab you...all the best...:ok:

Immigrant
29th Jul 2009, 18:04
.....500 hours.......with wide body jet time and intl flt ops.... any one will grab you...

Tooooooooooooooooo optimistic for this days :=

optimus.Prime
29th Jul 2009, 18:49
Doesn't look so!:=
Have a look around on any of those innumerable Recuitment agencies' websites!:ok:

Immigrant
29th Jul 2009, 21:52
innumerable Recuitment agencies' websites

That was funny :yuk:
And how many real Decent Jobs now on the market that 500hr A310 CPL holder can take :confused:

Point me Pls :rolleyes:

gottofly
30th Jul 2009, 05:19
Dont think .Take the job.Jobs r v difficult to get these days and then u will be flying a widebody jet.Have faith,it may b frustrating till u actually get ATLEAST 500 hrs on the Jet because if u dont,it wont b worth it ..........BUT DO U HAV ANY OTHER OPTION RIGHT NOW?
as far as jobs after u have 500 hrs on type r concerned,u will atleast b ahead of the other pack who havent seen or felt the Jet.
Take it,good luck:ok:

devilvab
30th Jul 2009, 05:21
well the bond is of 5yrs or 50lakhs..that means if i want to leave in between i will have to pay them 50lakhs.

Left Wing
30th Jul 2009, 06:15
will they survive 5 yrs...Air Deccan did not...:bored:

Arcane
30th Jul 2009, 08:30
Dont think . Worst advice you could possibly get. :yuk:

Boeing7xx
30th Jul 2009, 09:20
I think they've got the 2nd 310 as well. Saw two red tails recently... One was the good old "damodar" which was the first aircraft they put into service.

Wannabe Flyer
30th Jul 2009, 11:02
well the bond is of 5yrs or 50lakhs..that means if i want to leave in between i will have to pay them 50lakhs.

It is Gopi's outfit for heavens sake. Do the math he is luruing you in with a salary that you are fronting, ensuring you can't leave with a pound of flesh and not giving an ounce in return.

I am with leftwing on this. 15 lakhs is a lot to pay upfront and el-cheapo gopi does not have a track record to show he can execute a real business model! And yes giving freebies and basically running Indian aviation into the ground by sowing the seed of irrational fares to SLF is not my idea of a viable business model!

Hey its in the name itself 360. Right back to where it all starts!

devilvab
30th Jul 2009, 14:26
is there nobody who knows anyone working in deccan cargo...???

optimus.Prime
30th Jul 2009, 15:36
I know I do!:ok:

Many of'em dont seem to have any problems with the Company...though they signed terms much similar to yours!

gottofly
30th Jul 2009, 15:50
Make sure u get the contract properly signed .
If the company does not keep their part of it,u dont hav to keep yours.i.e.u dont need to part with ur bond money.

ABCD Pilot
27th Aug 2009, 00:22
Look, Deccan 360 is a startup. I don't think Air Deccan was a failure as per Gopinath's fault. Industry regs and taxation made it impossible to make money. He saw more opportunity in selling to KF then sustaining in operating.

The Cargo operation looks extremely profitable. They are getting investors who are in the Industry, manufacturing, and storage areas. So they are doing more then just flying cargo, they are doing all of the logistics as well....similar to Fex Ex in the US and how they deal with mass amounts of cargo - not small little parcels which Fed Ex also does.

I think if you get on with them, they pay very well and treat you well. The 15 lacs for your training is not bad - compared to other airlines, and you would get widebody jet time. True it's old technology, not like a A330F or 777F, but nevertheless still great time for a low time guy.

I have 900 TT 350 Jet time, and I would love to join. Somebody point me in the right direction with some connections/contacts? Thanks guys/Gals.

HAWK21M
6th Sep 2009, 12:36
So there are Two a310 Freighters currently.where are they based.... DEL.
What news on the ATRs.

AriGold
11th Sep 2009, 13:26
3 A310 Freighters and they are paying BIG BUCKS for guys with time on them! If anybody wants the contact info PM me.

Simon Church
5th Feb 2010, 06:46
Deccan Still owes me 100 K USD backpay

Caution to All pilots and employees , My position was SNR management

Simon Church
Ex Head of Deccan 360 QA and Sales

Beware Gopinath not paying salaries

Sky Dancer
7th Feb 2010, 15:52
Excuse me for rubbing it in , couple of months ago I had cautioned everyone on this forum of GR Gopinath's style of functioning.I had made claims about Air Deccan and also predicted the fate of Deccan 360.Although I did say that it would never see the light of day , it actually did and very soon it will see the setting of the sun.Baldy's next urgent move is to convince some sucker around the world about his "Dream" of the air cargo industry in India and get that sucker to invest.It's time you employees who have not been paid take him to court.Give him some bad press for a change..but I guess the media won't allow that and ..it might affect his new book ..:ok:

dgtl887
16th Apr 2010, 13:04
Reliance Buys Stake in Deccan 360 - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304910604575187532454049088.html?mod=WSJINDI A_hpp_LEFTTopWhatNews)

Reliance has purchased a stake of between 26% and 49.9% in Deccan 360, said G.R. Gopinath, founder chairman and managing director of the express-cargo transport services company. Mr. Gopinath didn't disclose the exact stake bought by Reliance or the transaction value.