PDA

View Full Version : jordanian academies

lebanese_pilot
29th Jul 2009, 09:19
planning to study in jordan, but am really confused between the two academies........... plz help

www.maa.jo (http://www.maa.jo) , www.royalflight.com (http://www.royalflight.com)

wis3384
29th Jul 2009, 13:13
depending on your plans,

but i rather do it in USA, cheaper and better aircraft (safety)and its an FAA license.

lebanese_pilot
29th Jul 2009, 14:01
the reason that i picked jordan is that i have no other choice..... and am planning to work in the middle east , or gulf area....

GBB
29th Jul 2009, 15:11
Planning to study and work at the same time in the ME? or planning to finish your flight trainning in the ME and work as a pilot in Gulf area?
I have to say that if you thinking of the 2nd option I would simply try to come up with other plan, as there are no jobs for low hour foreign pilots in Gulf area. Maybe you would have more luck back in Lebanon.

lebanese_pilot
29th Jul 2009, 16:09
one more things.. when i get my licensei will have about 250 hours of flying and most airlines ask for 1000 to 1500 hours of flying to enter as a first officer..... what could i do to gain more hours??? and when i recieve my license i wont have type rating, how much does it cost, and how could i get it?

Mike.Park
29th Jul 2009, 16:33
Lebanese_pilot,

Does your training have to take place in Jordan? or are you allowed to explore other countries/territories?

GBB
29th Jul 2009, 16:35
Habibi,

Dont think about TR and what you gonna do after your training just yet...
I can see that you have not decide what you are going to do about your initial training.
Why do you want to train in Jordan anyway? Do you live there? Work there?
Is your training going to be full time or you wish to work at the same time?

I know that you said you have to go to Jordan but why? Most of people here would like to give you best advice, but you will probobaly have to come up with some more info your self.

Cant you go to US or Canada? (if money is not the problem EU could be the other choice)
The other good option would be South Africa.

wis3384
29th Jul 2009, 17:55
GBB is right!,

i am a lebanese too and i studied that region for flight training ...

asnwer GBB questions and we will all help you !

M Whale
29th Jul 2009, 18:22
Have you tried to apply for MEA (Mean Enslaving Airline)?
If you are ready to be enslaved for life, they will be more than happy to recruit you.
They will deduct the cost of your initial training once you are released and will bond you...for 12 (!!!!!!!!!) years on your type rating (60000 USD, yeah gold plated T/R) + 50 000 USD penalty clause. Just to make sure you stay quiet and don't even think to move away from them.
This is how it goes in Lebanon.
I was paid 1700 USD once released as a cadet on A321. Oh I forgot, according to my boss, I should be "very happy to earn more than 70% of the population" :mad:
Come on, join the team, there are some seats available in our golden jail...:}. Seriously, any flight training in this part of ME is a joke! Even airlines send their cadets in EU or in the US!
What will you do with a jordanian licence and 250 hours ??????

lebanese_pilot
29th Jul 2009, 19:38
let me answer ur questions...

my choices was: 1- taking my license from jordan 2- forget about flying.... well that was my parents decission, but a friend of mine told me that i can take my license from jordan then go to any country to train and get more hours........oh it will also be a full time studying without working :) .........

GBB
29th Jul 2009, 20:31
Sorry but you will have to stop listening to your friend.
I know that Jordan is close, but I would advise you to forget about flight training in the Middle East and think about places such as Europe (JAA States if money is not a problem for you), USA, Canada, South Africa, and maybe Australia and New Zealand if you wish to go very far.
Most of schools in the ME are overpriced like crazy for what they provide you with, you never know how much you going to fly and how long its going to take to finish your traning (lots of promises which nobody gives a $hit about).
Schools in this region are new as well with very little of background and info that you can find about them.
As somebody said most of Gulf States used to send their cadets to places like EU, USA and just 2 years ago Etihad stared their cadet training with Horizon in Al Ain.
The training over there its like $140K+++ tho, so I would stay away.

Mike.Park
29th Jul 2009, 21:44
lebanese_pilot, I will only echo what GBB said.

It sounds like a no-brainer to be honest.

You would be much better off doing your flight training in the developed world where there is stringent regulatory oversight, and good training standards. I'm assuming English isn't your first language, so I would say learning to fly in the English speaking world will probably do you allot of good.

There are some great FTOs in countries like Canada/UK/Australia/New Zealand.

Leaving home behind and learning to fly abroad is a great and unforgettable experience. If your a young adult, it's also a great time to gain some independence and life skills. :ok:

mkdar
30th Jul 2009, 00:33
Lebanese pilot

One of the questions you asked was : how can I build hours once I graduate?
I would worry about this first before worrying about where do I graduate from if I were you.
Things have changed since Sep 11 as you know, the option of building hours as a flight instructor in the States is no longer available for foreigner students.
The only other two options I can think off would be ex-air force or, being sponsored by an airline.
Gulf airlines do not sponsor foreigners, so really, I can only advice you against what Whale suggested, ie avoiding MEA program, the way I see it is that you are better off starting back home with MEA, yes they will bond you for an arm and a leg but, your job and experience are GARANTEED.
Once you get 2000 hours under your belt on A320 , the sky is limit.
This is pretty much how I became a pilot myself, I started back home.
One last thing, you mentioned something about type rating and cost, even if you have a type rating, no one will hire you with zero hours on type, really, this would be a total waste of time and money. If you still like to know how much a type rating would cost, a quick search on google would provide you with a wealth of knowledge, there are tens of flying schools available out there ( every where) who has type ratings for ANY aircraft type you can imagine, give it a try.

Good luck :ok:

lebanese_pilot
30th Jul 2009, 10:44
umm what about cyprus or greece??? any advice?

AIM HI
2nd Aug 2009, 05:24
[planning to study in jordan, but am really confused between the two academies........... plz help
]http://www.maa.jo/:=

alphalima
2nd Aug 2009, 22:35
Look into some schools in South Africa. Good training, good exchange rate :ok:

I heard about this school in Beirut a while ago, but their site seems to be under construction for quite a while now.
"Beirut Wings Flight Training"
www.beirutwings.com
Phone: +961 1 629962

Best of luck mate!