PDA

View Full Version : Anglo American Flight Academy.

stilton
29th Jul 2009, 05:20
Of the Derek R White fame. Anyone here pass through these 'hallowed halls' ?

ROLLER STAMP
11th Aug 2009, 23:15
Yes I was there in 1983,My instructor was an italian called Vincenzo Tramante,nice guy.
That guy was a nasty piece of work,he took great pleasure in belittling the instructors infront of the students.
I was quoted $900 for the ppl course, all in, so the advert went,accomadation was included so were the books exams etc.At the end of it it cost me £3000 pounds.The included accomadation was full so you had to pay for your hotel plus your own transport.Exams & books were also extra.
He also used to fail you during the various stage checks so you spent more money doing retraining.
Was warned by other students on my first day about this but you had to pay up front when you arrived so couldn,t go to another school which there were many at Meacham field as he had your cash.
There was people there for months as some of the planes were crashed by students so wasn,t enough aircraft to go around.
Students I remember were Danny oShaunessy & Jim Geddis
Bad experience hope yours were better

stilton
13th Aug 2009, 05:11
Hi,

Yes, I was a Student and later an Instructor there. I remember Vincenso (Vince) well, a very nice guy. I also remember Dereks financial shennanigans and crooked deals very well !

I doubt he is still with us taking into consideration his alcohol consumption.

Are you still flying these days ?