PDA

View Full Version : Senior duo boost management team at flydubai

Edforce1
29th Jul 2009, 04:48
Posted on 28 July 2009

Dubai's low cost carrier flydubai has announced the appointment of former Emirates Airline executive Hamad Obaidalla as Chief Commercial Officer and Neil Mills from easyJet as Chief Financial Officer.

The appointments bring more than 30 years of combined expertise, both local and international, to the most senior levels of the airline and form a key part of the organisation’s drive for rapid expansion.

Hamad Obaidalla, a UAE national, brings an unrivalled depth of knowledge to his new role after 20 years at Emirates Airline, where he was most recently Divisional Senior Vice President, Network Operations.

His key management roles within Emirates involved operations in Saudi Arabia, East Africa, Yemen and Iran and provide a wealth of valuable working experience in the region.

A British/South African, Neil Mills brings specific knowledge and expertise from the budget airline sector, coming from one of Europe’s best known and most successful low cost carriers, easyJet. In his 12 years with the airline, where his last position was Procurement Director.

Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of flydubai, described the new appointments as being invaluable to flydubai’s aspirations for growth. “Both Hamad and Neil bring a wealth of expertise to flydubai and I am delighted to be able to warmly welcome them to our growing team. We are embarking on an exciting journey as innovators in the low cost sector and I am glad that we have such senior staff from two of the world’s most successful airlines to travel with us.”

GotOneMate
31st Jul 2009, 12:32
innovators in the low cost sector ? :eek::eek:

Pilotmo
7th Aug 2009, 09:21
Thats good news, what types do they operate and are they looking for Pilots?

EK748
9th Aug 2009, 12:20
Not sure if they are still taking people in. Did hear that they had 1500 applicants within 48 hours of announcing recruitment back in Nov 08.

I do know that they are playing with 737-8s.

Hope that helps.

halas
9th Aug 2009, 12:55
TU144, and no they are not looking for pilots :ugh:

halas

cuberoute
9th Aug 2009, 14:51
Pilotmo.

FlyDubai are actively looking for pilots !!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the web site and apply !

They are only interviewing those that have the requirements.

:ok:Good Luck .