PDA

View Full Version : Lost Logbook

The Apprentice
29th Jul 2009, 04:45
If anyone finds an Army Aviation Logbook wondering around their RAF sqn trying to find an owner please PM me.

It was addressed to an RAF Officer, at an RAF Sqn, but has been lost in the post.

It is a Rotary Type, Army Aviation Logbook with 8 years of hours in it (2000-2008) and I could really do with finding it !

In a last ditched attempt !!!!

parabellum
29th Jul 2009, 06:17
I'm assuming you wouldn't send a logbook via post other than registered and a delivery receipt required? Should be possible to trace it's movements provided you still have your receipt for sending it, or at least the number of the receipt.

Sorry, that may sound a bit 'smart Alec' but anything irreplaceable simply has to go registered with a delivery receipt required.

burylad
29th Jul 2009, 10:38
My civilian and RAF logbooks were both 'lost' when I was chopped in the late 80s and needed CI to countersign military hrs in civvy logbook. Post room at Biggin didn't send registered. They must've been gathering dust somewhere as, along with my jaw, they dropped on the doormat some 12 years later and 6 years after I left the mob - all signed and stamped up !

Perhaps lost books gravitate towards a darkened room in the personnel management centre ?

Good hunting.

The Apprentice
4th Aug 2009, 06:01
Nope,

Not recorded or registered just thrown in the post and to the wrong BFPO address !

Stupid, Stupid people...They pried it out my hands for one last report. Lost it, then found it in someones in tray, then posted.

Probably an example of why I get very angry sometimes !!!!!!:ugh: