PDA

View Full Version : Mil Bridging IRT Schools

Backwards PLT
28th Jul 2009, 16:26
Having done the exams I am now looking to finish off my CPL/fATPL by doing the twin IRT. I know several years ago Exeter was the school of choice, is that still the case?

Advice from FJ guys that have actually done a cse in the last few years would be greatly appreciated - approx prices and duration would be a bonus.

Thanks.

brit bus driver
4th Aug 2009, 02:26
Not an FJ guy, but used AFT at Exeter in summer 2007 to get my IRT etc as a non-current multi guy. They are excellent; mostly ex-mil chaps. They have a good working relationship with the CAA examiners. Exeter is relatively quiet - starts to become a factor as you hold at the end of the downwind leg at £6 a minute! Not sure of your requirements, but they were very flexible with me in terms of giving just enough training to get you through, which of course saves you money! Good luck.....and good luck finding a job - it's scary out here!:eek:

I'm Off!
4th Aug 2009, 18:27
I used Airways at Exeter last summer, and they were really good. Ex-mil instructors, no bullsh*t, and they were very focussed on what you needed to do with prior experience in mind. Costs were reasonable in comparison to anywhere else, and if you need exact numbers, give Brian a call, and he'll run you through some numbers.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, as long as they don't get too busy for me to fit in my revalidation!!

AYTCH
5th Aug 2009, 13:04
Did mine at Multiflight, Leeds Bradford, 2 years ago...very good. If you are oop North for any reason (have relatives you could bunk with thereby saving cost on accom) it is much easier than going all the way to Exeter (although I guess location is not a great factor as you appear to be coming over from Belgium to do a course). Took 2 weeks for CPL+ME+IR using the BE-76 Duchess and they are ELC accredited as well so you can use that money towards it and having researched both schools before plunging forth and paying a deposit, they cost around the same as Exeter. Staff v friendly and helpful. :ok:

EESDL
6th Aug 2009, 00:39
Plunge for Leeds everytime - as they have an excellent cafe!

iccarus
22nd Feb 2011, 12:22
Gents,

Whats the latest gen? Exeter or Leeds? Any others worth considering?

Black 'n Yellar
22nd Feb 2011, 14:57
Airways at Exeter are excellent. There is also not much Controlled Airspace around which makes the actual IR a bit more 'gentlemanly!' That is kind of important when you have to shell out another £800 if you screw it up! It is a great setup that is designed to get ex-mil through with the least hassle. You only have to look at some of the pictures on the wall there of guys who have got through to give you faith that you too can do it!!

JYKelly
22nd Feb 2011, 18:50
Another vote for Exeter. Give them a call for the latest requirements/costs. As to previous students, the "wall" tells its own story!

Airways Flight Training (http://www.airwaysflighttraining.co.uk/wall.htm)

High_Expect
22nd Feb 2011, 19:23
Navs have to pay a surcharge Backwards PLT ;-)