PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Pilotage Charts

cessna172
28th Jul 2009, 05:33
Hey,

I hope someone here can help me, I've been trying for sometime to get my hand on Tactical Pilotage Charts. They are used by the RAAF for low level navigation and I've heard from a number of people that they are good for VFR Navs. Problem is that with all this terrorism business they seem to no longer be on general sale. I've called Air Services and a few map retailers none of whom have ever heard of them:ugh:! Anyway does anyone know how/where to get hold of them?

Cheers

J

Tinstaafl
28th Jul 2009, 05:50
Google 'TPC ONC charts'. You'll find any number of suppliers.

There are some differences between them & WACs/VTCs so be aware!

cessna172
28th Jul 2009, 06:19
Your right there are a number of suppliers of ONC and TPC but not for Australia. It seems they are not available for public sale. However I've heard that you can order them from some suppliers or a government department. The problem is I don't know who that might be. So if anyone knows could they let me know here.

Tinstaafl
28th Jul 2009, 06:47
A 10 second google found any number of suppliers of ONCs & TPCs. Try Sporty's or Transair, for a start.

cessna172
28th Jul 2009, 07:09
Tinstaafl,

Appreciate the help, however you are wrong, if you actually go into any of the websites that you mention you will find that the TPC and ONC charts are not available for Australia. I've seen a few notices on these sites now saying that they have been withdrawn from public sale. However as I mentioned earlier I have also heard there are ways to get them, which is my interest so my question stands. Does anyone know how to get hold of TPC/ONC charts given that they have on the whole been withdrawn from public sale?

J

longrass
28th Jul 2009, 07:18
Anyone think of raafais.gov.au should be able to by everything of them, including airservices docs

smiling monkey
28th Jul 2009, 08:23
Here you go;

http://www.raafais.gov.au/Pdf/cat_040903/cat_0409035.pdf

.. took all of 30 seconds to search on Google.:rolleyes:

And refer to this note on whether you can get them;

7. Sale of Products to Non-ADF Organisations
7.1 Charting and other products compiled or procured by RAAF AIS are primarily for ADF needs. Written requests for
aeronautical charts by non-ADF organisations must be addressed to Geoscience Australia and will be considered in accordance
with Geoscience Australia/RAAF policy, third party agreements and available stocks.
7.2 Written requests for ADF FLIP by non-ADF organisations must be addressed to RAAF AIS and will be considered in
accordance with ADF policy and available stocks.

NOSIGN
28th Jul 2009, 11:42
The above post is correct.

There was also a medium-large map shop in Brisbane that had the odd TNC... just can't think of the name. It was in a large mall in the city so it may be this one - World Wide Maps and Guides. 07 3221 4330

chimbu warrior
28th Jul 2009, 21:15
Only problem with TPC's is that you need a large cockpit, preferably with a Navigator's table, to spread them out!

Jettson
29th Jul 2009, 00:58
What kind of differences do these charts show from your WAC that would help with VFR Nav?