PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Bonus Day 8th August 2009 -- Pups and Bulldogs

alphaalpha
27th Jul 2009, 13:02
The next Duxford Bonus Day is Saturday 8th August 2009. The event is open to Pups and Bulldogs. Arrive in either of these types and enjoy the discounts and benefits below -- and, of course, meet your forum friends.

If you're familiar with Duxford Bonus Days and the discounts on offer, call 01223 833376 for PPR and possible slot booking. If you want more details, read on:

Duxford is home the Imperial War Museum and must be the premier destination for GA pilots in Europe. Most weekends through the flying season, although there are no guarantees, you are quite likely to see warbirds flying – Spitfire, Hurricane, B17, Catalina and other rare types are based at Duxford.

The Bonus days offer great discounted prices: On 8th August, Pups and 'Dogs and their pilots and passengers will enjoy half-price landing fees and much reduced museum admission. Land for £7; museum entry is £7 for most adults and children come in free.

On Bonus days only, the Briefing Room and balcony on the first floor of the historic Control Tower is freely available for Bonus pilots and their passengers. The £22+ million ‘AirSpace’ project is now fully open – really a ‘must-see’ and great for children as well as adults.

As well as Bonus Days, Duxford welcomes FLY-INs. Any group of pilots planning to visit Duxford can arrange special prices in advance, subject to a minimum of about 6 aircraft (for discounted landing fees) and/or 20 people (for discounted museum admission as well). This does not apply to event days, and it must be pre-arranged in writing with the airfield manager, Frank Marson.

Further information about the Bonus Days and information for fly-in visitors can be found on the web site IWM Duxford - Europe's premier aviation museum:
IWM Duxford - Europe's premier aviation museum : Airfield Information (http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.1181)

The airfield team will be delighted to hear from forumites (call for PPR and briefing 01223 833376) and to see you on the day. On busy days, such as this Bonus day, we will operate a broad slot system, to avoid too much congestion. The phones are very busy on Bonus mornings, so call well in advance if you can, to ensure you get your chosen time.

Just for people who don’t know, I should declare my interest. I’m a casual FISO at Duxford. I’m also a pilot who thinks the place is pretty marvellous.

Alan

alphaalpha
5th Aug 2009, 11:40
If you're planning to come to the Pup and 'Dog Bonus Day at Duxford on Saturday 8th August, it's time to phone for PPR -- the phones get very busy on Saturday mornings.
01223 833376.

Hope to see forumites ( and hope for some sunshine too).

Alan.

alphaalpha
8th Aug 2009, 06:38
It's a lovely morning at Duxford -- blue skies, light winds, fluffy clouds, and the forecast is good for the day. See the pups & 'dogs later (and anybody else who fancies coming along, but not Bonus Day rates, unfortunately). If you haven't called for PPR, call after 9, the number's above.

Alan.