PDA

View Full Version : ACS FLIGHT TRAINING CENTRE (Perth Scotland)

delaneyslad
25th Jul 2009, 05:46
Does anyone have feedback on the above? Good or bad please let me know, if you want to pm me thats fine. Thinking of doing my CPL there. Speaking of which, if anyone has done the CPL subjects at C.A.T.S. can you get back to me too, it would be greatly appreciated.:ok:

flystrathclyde
25th Jul 2009, 12:31
delaneyslad,

ACS Aviation Ltd is the company based at Perth Airport. In addition to running the airfield and the engineering hangar, we also provide the PPL training (previously Leading Edge) and the commercial training (Tayflite).
The PPL training is now done under the banner of SAC to support the local flying club.
We have been directly involved with Tayflite for 15 months.
I am aware of your interest in the CPL (unless I have coincidently been communicating with someone else from your area!); the above information may give you a better background to how we compare.
Please contact us direct if required.
Allan

Vulcan607
25th Jul 2009, 18:38
a friend of mine completed the CPL/MEP/IR there at Perth, feedback received was good.

2 well looked after senecas and an arrow in the fleet, resident examiner and good experienced instructors to learn from aswell as on-site maintenance so disruption I gather isnt normally a problem with tech issues.
The airfield itself has on-site accomodation, pretty cheap last time I checked £15-20 a night if I remember.

another friend recently did FIC there too, although a different course to what your looking for at the minute he was very impressed with the set up which is swaying me towards the idea of doing the FI there.

Anytime I've dropped in, the staff have been friendly and its a great little airfield to fly out of.

Hope this helps :ok: