PDA

View Full Version : Help or info please

Power Up
24th Jul 2009, 15:32
Hi guys and gals

After some help info off people if I can.
I am a CPL with a lowly 200hrs (mostly 22, a bit on 206), but finances are gone, and so struggling to get the additional 50hrs to start the FI course (of which funding will also need to be sought).
I am based in Cumbria, and knowing others will have been in the same situation before, if they can shed some light or ideas to try and get the required hours up. I have tried a couple of local owners nearby, but they are twins, already crewed, or as most situations are, not enough experience!

Any help, either posted or PM'd would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Power Up

biggles99
24th Jul 2009, 20:09
Hello Power-up.

there will be some owners of helicopters that will welcome someone like you to contribute to their costs as they use their helicopter to travel around the country.

They get some company, you get some stick-time, you both share the cost.

it's a win-win-win situation.

Owners tend not to like free-loaders, but they have the time , the inclination and the mission to help you get the hours, as they get to go where they want.

I'm based in the Midlands, so probably a bit far away to be useful to you, but if you've seen my posts before, you will have noticed that I regularly have aircraft to deliver from place to place - all over Europe. These are classic missions for a cost share, and there are many other examples as well, I'm sure.

You - and anyone else that fancies some cost-sharing - are more than welcome to PM me.

Also, one other tip:

If you use G-INFO, you can compile a list of the owners of types of helicopters near you. Why not write to them direct and ask them about cost-sharing on any future flights?

The worst thing that can happen is that they will put your letter in the bin.

Hope this is helpful,

Big Ls.