PDA

View Full Version : Zenith CH750 in UK yet?

Kiltie
24th Jul 2009, 11:22
Does anyone know if there have been any CH750 kits imported to the UK awaiting completion and certification? The CH750 is the slightly wider cabin version of the 701.

Brooklands
24th Jul 2009, 21:05
I've just looked on the LAA site and its not on the 'Approved types' list, and it isn't in the progress chart for types under investigation, which it should be if somebody is trying to get it approved. So I'd say the answer is no.

Brooklands

Pilot DAR
24th Jul 2009, 23:58
I cannot speak to the CH750, or it's eligibility in the UK, however, I propose to you that if it is similar to the CH701, you do some flying in it before you commit to buying one. I did test flying in the very first 701, and it was a good base for a lot of improvement. I hope the improvement took place!

Pilot DAR

Genghis the Engineer
25th Jul 2009, 08:41
There's an Italian CH701 derivative called the Savannah which I was involved in certifying for the UK a few years ago. Started even less refined in many ways worse than the CH701 (in particular it had the lethal combination of virtually nil longitudinal static stability both stick fixed and stick free, along with an entertaining 45-60 degree wing drop at the stall). By the time we'd finished with it, it was a really sound aeroplane with good safe handling and pretty good performance. So far as I know, the company importing the aircraft into the UK: Sandtoft Ultralights Partnership, are still in business and if I were you I'd look at that.

G

Kiltie
27th Jul 2009, 09:29
Thanks guys; the Savannah and the 701 are not really to my taste but the 750 seems to be a more substantial improvement in aesthetics. Pilot DAR I'm interested in your concerns over the original 701; can you be more specific?