PDA

View Full Version : NCAA cancels NCAT exam over malpractice

V1_RHOT8
23rd Jul 2009, 06:07
NCAA cancels NCAT exam over malpractice

By Kenneth Ehigiator
Zaria – The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has cancelled the 2009 final examination of Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria, over allegations of examination malpractices.
Rector of the College, Capt. Adebayo Araba, who disclosed this at a briefing in Zaria yesterday, said the instructors involved in the malpractices were already in police detention, as investigation into the matter had commenced.
He said the NCAA had also ordered a fresh one set for September 2009.
According to him, six students of the institution had raised an alarm that they were being asked to pay money to scale through in the examination and immediately reported to the school authorities who in turn alerted the Director-General of the NCAA, Dr. Harold Demuren, as the organiser of the examination.
“Everything is going on well in the school, except for the unfortunate development that happened recently. After the examination, six of the students, including four ladies, failed and were written to leave the school.
“But two of the ladies came to my office to narrate their experience during the examination. I called the NCAA Director-General, Dr. Harold Demuren, who directed that the examination be cancelled. We don’t set examinations, but the NCAA does.
“Because the examination had been cancelled, all the students asked to go have been recalled, and some of the key suspects are in police detention,” Araba said.
He noted that the school had zero tolerance for students who are weak academically, stressing that every student who failed his/her examination is advised to withdraw.
According to him, that remains the only way the high standards obtainable in the college can be sustained in the interest of safety.
Capt. Araba lamented that recurring spate of petition writing by some staff of the institution who benefitted from the rotten situation in the college in the past and were now opposed to ongoing reformation of the school.
He said: “I have been to the EFCC about three or four times over allegations raised by some staff for what does not exist. Things that are not going on, they say are going on and things we are doing they say will soon collapsed.
“But I will not allow this to distract me and my team in our efforts to restore the college to its lost glory, which we are on our way to achieving,” he said.

NCAA cancels NCAT exam over malpractice | Vanguard News (http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/22/ncaa-cancels-ncat-exam-over-malpractice/)

eagleflier
29th Jul 2009, 16:59
Now,does that explain why I haven't gotten the results of the airlaw exam I wrote 3 weeks ago