PDA

View Full Version : Finally having achieved Silver Status with BA Exec Club...

Syawriahsitirb
21st Jul 2009, 17:08
Yesterday, I finally achieved Silver Status with BA. after they changed the rules with regards to achieving Silver Status i.e. I completed my 50th flight yesterday from Barcelona.
I just have a quick question. The box at the side of the screen (when I log in) mentions I now have achieved Silver Status, but my details at the top of the screen say that I am still a Blue Member. Does it take some time for it to change over and any ideas how long? Is there anyone else here who has recently surpassed the 50 flight mark and can advise me on when I expect to change to silver status?

Thanks in advance.

Syawriahsitirb....

FairlieFlyer
23rd Jul 2009, 05:35
Its just BA's way of discreetly telling you you're still not worthy of flying their magnificent airline, Silver or not....:}

13Alpha
23rd Jul 2009, 08:42
Welcome to Silver status and an exciting world of "free" wine :), shortbread fingers :ok:, comfortable sofas :zzz:, bonus air miles :D, and being invited to board the plane first - (well sometimes, when they remember :rolleyes:).

I won't disillusion you with a list of some of the things which don't change when you reach silver status ;)

From memory it took a couple of weeks for the systems to update themselves but you should start receiving the benefits as soon as the system shows 600 points.

Note however that at the end of your membership year, your points total gets reset to zero - i.e. no carry-over of any excess points above 600.

13Alpha

radeng
23rd Jul 2009, 09:49
It's a big jump from Silver to Gold. Once you reach a level, unless you're going to get to the next level during the year, there's not so much incentive to stick to BA. It can be worthwhile to get to silver or gold, and then use Star Alliance for the rest of the year and build up on both. Depends how much flying you do. Something BA need to think about - the bonus miles for your tier obviously are something, but is it enough in today's conditions?

Businesstraveller
23rd Jul 2009, 12:23
Welcome to Terrace Lounge World. If you haven't already noticed, you'll start to see a pattern of business men (generally) circling the food bars about 5pm in anticipation of the sandwiches arriving. Other than that you may notice that some Terrace lounges are busier than the general departure lounges. I've seen folks come in, do a circuit of the Terrace lounge, grab a muffin and some buscuits and head back out to the departure lounge.
In general though, it's all very nice and worth while. Definately good to be able to select your seat at the time of booking - not available to blue card/ecomony passengers.

eliptic
23rd Jul 2009, 14:33
Yesterday, I finally achieved Silver Status with BA.

Congrats !!

Now it is just a matter to stay there or higher hehe ;-O

I have Platinum skyteam, gold *alliance... the only benefits i enjoy are the lounges,,rest benefits are non existent or mumbo jumbo.

Finally,,if you are one of the "award miles hunter" you will soon figure out that this is not a good deal in the end anyway:eek:

GwynM
23rd Jul 2009, 15:18
Having a Silver card means you're travelling too much. I realised my life was less stressful when I dropped from BA Silver and SAS Gold in the same year (I love Stavanger and Aberdeen!)

dubh12000
23rd Jul 2009, 22:35
Silver means you can get the porridge in T5....which you can't get in the gold lounge.