PDA

View Full Version : Not again, The FI

neil_1821
21st Jul 2009, 11:20
Had a quick search but didn't turn up too much info and I'm sure you guys get fed up of what might seem the same old questions so I'll try to be brief.

I finished my training (CPL,IR,MCC etc) November of last year and since then haven't found any work, which is pretty much the norm for low hour pilots.

I've been exploring all branches, but my family seem to think the FI would be a good route. I kind of agreed to that statement, but i know i don't want to be a teacher as my heart isn't in it, i always wanted airlines (beggers can't be choosers i know)

Would it still be wise to do the FI course and hope that there might be some work after or just to keep my rating current and see what happens coming into 2010? I was considering volunteer work at my local airfield on the mechanical side of things etc just to stay in the game as it were with information on flying, but i don't want to put off potential students of flying if I'm not enthusiastic about teaching them.

:confused:

Cows getting bigger
21st Jul 2009, 11:29
Neil, there isn't exactly a plethora of FI work out there right now. Save yourself £6K.

flightlevel1985
21st Jul 2009, 16:30
"I kind of agreed to that statement, but i know i don't want to be a teacher as my heart isn't in it, i always wanted airlines"

Think of the students matey, your heart needs to be in it as its not fair on them otherwise

GearDownFlaps
21st Jul 2009, 18:58
Mate , save yourself the cash , there is very little work out there for fi's we see 5-6 a week cvs' coming through the door .
The course , well the one I did was demanding and took a lot of work specifically GS , if your heart isnt in it then you will hate it , and as was said above think of your students , if you dont wanna be there you wont last .
get a decent job keep current fly as often as you can and keep your chin up , one day who knows this may all change