PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Special VFR phone number

RMK
21st Jul 2009, 10:04
Would anyone have the phone number for Heathrow-Thames Radar? This is the number of the unit for Special VFR into the LHR control zone.

SilsoeSid
21st Jul 2009, 11:04
Sorry, internet slow to search, have you tried the LTCC switchboard?

JimBall
21st Jul 2009, 14:10
AIP EGLL entry textual page 20 para 7 (c)

biggles99
21st Jul 2009, 21:24
You must have looked that reference up,

Was the phone number there as well?

It would have added, I think, 012 3456 7890 more digits to your last message, but would have been ever so more helpful.

"That's one small text for pilot, but one giant help for pilotkind"

Yours, good humour'dly,

Big Ls

SilsoeSid
21st Jul 2009, 23:01
Prior notification of Special VFR flights or general enquiries about SVFR flights in the London CTR may be made via the LTCC Senior Watch
Assistant, Tel: 023-8040 1110.

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/current/ad/EGLL/EG_AD_2_EGLL_en.pdf

RMK
22nd Jul 2009, 08:01
Thanks Biggles & SilsoeSid. I eventually found the number 023 8040 1106, for which they said they could accommodate any queries re SVFR into the London CTR. It’s just a couple digits off what SilsoeSid listed above, so is probably the same desk.

JimBall
22nd Jul 2009, 08:38
The method in my madness........I'm certain that our NATS friends would prefer us to not publish this number in such a free manner. Lord knows, it's engaged enough without others joining in.

I'm sure they can't wait now for the next complaint about air traffic noise to be made to that number.......well done.

And maybe I was just giving a gentle hint that the AIP online service, for which you simply register FOC, is a source of much info for all who can be bothered. It took me all of 30 secs from "Bookmarks" to getting the number.

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Whirlygig
22nd Jul 2009, 10:37
And I'm sure your average complainant isn't going to come to Rotorheads as their first port of call for a phone number :}.

Gee, one of our number asks for help with a phone number (which, as you've pointed out is already in the public domain) and JimBall doesn't want it posted in case someone dials it to complain about noise? How about a little faith in human nature :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

JimBall
22nd Jul 2009, 10:47
Whirls - let's not get into a spat. The facts are that Special VFR is often so understaffed that the zone gets closed to all helicopter access. This forum is cruised by all sorts. And many of those wouldn't know the IAIP if it was in their lap.
Pprune could go the whole hog and publish all the ATC numbers for all the units in the UK. Spotter heaven.

Flingingwings
22nd Jul 2009, 16:41
Casting my mind back in a totally good humoured way................

And maybe I was just giving a gentle hint that the AIP online service, for which you simply register FOC, is a source of much info for all who can be bothered. It took me all of 30 secs from "Bookmarks" to getting the number.

Whirly, cut JimBall a little slack. A few months ago he and I crossed words over AIP entries that he was certain did not exist or that weren't cystal clear that related to Luton airport and its 'handling' policies. :uhoh:

I'm relieved Jim now READS the AIP, lets not curb that enthusiasm :p

:E

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Jul 2009, 16:52
And remember they're down at Swanwick now...

ShyTorque
22nd Jul 2009, 18:29
The facts are that Special VFR is often so understaffed that the zone gets closed to all helicopter access.

Really - how often? I've been using the LHR zone since 1978 (very regularly for the last eight years) and never known it be closed to all helicopter access.

SilsoeSid
22nd Jul 2009, 18:55
PPRuNe could go the whole hog and publish all the ATC numbers for all the units in the UK. Spotter heaven.

Jim, I expect copies of the FIH, Jeppsons etc are in the hands of those you refer to anyway.