PDA

View Full Version : RT License

737 CL
21st Jul 2009, 01:15
Hi guys,
I'm making the conversion of my ATPL from Icao to CAA and i've a question about te RT License, Is really neccesary to make the UK RT license in order to get ATP Caa?

Thanks you in advanced.

PAblo

Keygrip
21st Jul 2009, 03:02
Absolutely yes.

737 CL
21st Jul 2009, 12:37
Many Thanks for your answer, I understand that the subjet is cover on the Vfr and Ifr Communicaton preparation and I obtain the RT license when I pass the Caa exam, Is that correct?

Kinds Regards.

Keygrip
21st Jul 2009, 15:34
No. It's not.

The theoretical stuff is covered in the JAA written examinations - but there's also a practical test - whereby you simulate flying a virtual Cessna 172 from one airport to another and make all the appropriate radio calls as if it were a genuine VFR flight in UK airspace.

That test HAS to be completed before you may taxi for departure on the UK CPL flight test.

Worth while for what you want? Probably not.

Do you have a choice if you wish to fly a UK test? Probably not.

737 CL
24th Jul 2009, 18:31
Keygrip,

Many thanks for your answer!! My problem is after I finish the Theoretical Exams I'm planning to get my skill test in a simulator because I Comply with the requirements for this. So I don't know If I need to get the RT license before my skill test? Anybody Can Help me?

Regards

Irv
24th Jul 2009, 20:14
List of CAA R/T Examiners (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/20090629RT%20Examiners%202009%20_2_.pdf)

If you need one is Spain, there are three down near Jerez

selfin
25th Jul 2009, 00:22
Is there a legal reference for a UK FRTOL being required, as opposed to one issued by some other Signatory State (i.a.w. Radio Regulations annexed to Convention, etc) within the same Region?

Keygrip
25th Jul 2009, 02:47
No.

LASORS, Section B1.4 has the following emnbedded in a larger paragraph.

Students who are seeking to obtain a
UK issued JAA professional pilots licence or Instrument
rating will be required to provide evidence of either
holding a valid UK FRTOL or of having passed the UK
RTF practical test prior to attempting the CPL or IR Skill
Test. (A student attempting both the CPL and IR Skill Test
will be required to hold a valid UK FRTOL or passed the
UK RTF practical test prior to attempting their first test,
whichever comes first).

737 CL
26th Jul 2009, 12:39
Many thanks for your help.