PDA

View Full Version : W7 Fax Help!

Loose rivets
20th Jul 2009, 20:24
I have spend hours trying to scan in a vital document into a fax. It just leaves a .jpg file as an attachment. How do they read that? Surely, it should show on the screen as the (signed) letter.

Seems fairly straightforward to send a document that was written on the screen, but to scan in is totally defeating me. :ugh:

Another thing...it's been trying to dial a duff number, and I can't stop it. Large hammer comes to mind.

Keef
20th Jul 2009, 22:36
Oh! Dunno. I've always used my prehistoric copy of Winfax Pro. I've not installed it to Win 7 - i don't do much faxing now that I have AFPEx.

Does Fax & Scan have a "new scan" feature? Does that do the job?

Loose rivets
20th Jul 2009, 23:54
First and foremost, I RAIL against people that want faxes sent. Sony, for proof of purchase for instance. It'd only been a few weeks since I'd binned my old fax cos it hadn't been used for years, then needless to say, I needed it.

Mind you, here, I don't have a telephone company direct. I get local calls, or I dial my cheapie lot for the rest of the world. A heck of a fiddle to get past all the verbiage while on automatic dialing.

I had Winfax when it was little.:) I could work that. I then sent off for Pro. I was never quite sure what it was doing. But it sort of worked.

Now that W7 has a fax program built in, I thought I'd try it. Huh!

It's rather more intuitive than WF Pro, and getting a fax off was quite simple, but I haven't found the deeper controls yet. Like, hearing the dial process...so reassuring. But when I tried to import a scan, sheesh!

I needed a copy with my signature on it. So I have to scan a printout.

(I guess I'll look more carefully at storing my signature in the computer from now on.)

Anyway, there it was loud and clear, but when I went to send the fax, it put itself as an attachment. An hour or so, and I went to Staples. :* :mad:

It's strange, One wouldn't think there'd be a button left unpressed. But there must be...or must there?