PDA

View Full Version : Broome Aviation

VH-Assasiin
17th Jul 2009, 17:19
Gday PPruners,

Just wondering if anyone who has worked for this mob tell us what they are like to work for / pay / flying hrs etc. They offered me a job not long ago but it was at one of the outstations. So i didnt accept the offer. All i know is that theyve got an unusually high staff turnaround.

Thanks
ssiinnnn
:E

manymak
17th Jul 2009, 22:51
Is there a reason you don't want to work at a remote base? :bored:

tail wheel
17th Jul 2009, 23:34
Is there a reson why you would ask for terms and conditions, after you declined employment?

Did they not give you that information when they offered employment?

:confused: :confused:

I trust this is not a wind up? I'm a bit neurotic about new user, first post, new thread......... :hmm:

Unusual-Attitude
18th Jul 2009, 00:00
A mute point now, I would say Siinn, cos sure as sh*t...any one of a hundred guys/girls will have jumped very quickly at the chance of a flying job in any location, considering the state of the industry at the moment.

Oh, and I've heard they're actually not a bad mob to work for, but regardless, it's gotta be better than nothing.

Hope it was a good decision.

Mr. Hat
18th Jul 2009, 01:10
Tail wheel love the new picture. Very impressed

Yes, Danny's idea of humour! It is a "no signal" jif........ :{ :{

My penalty for stirring up the Pommy Mods in our admin forum - The Mod House!

Unfortunately Mods don't have access to that area to change the avatar so I must do my "penance"........ :ugh:

Tail Wheel

the wizard of auz
18th Jul 2009, 01:36
Its a good outfit to work for. The gear is good and it is run very professionally.
The crew is a pretty good as well. it would be one of the better outfits to work for.:ok:

The Green Goblin
18th Jul 2009, 02:50
From what I hear there is a bit of a cue to get to the Halls Creek base, so make sure you brown nose Pauline for the opportunity :)

Green gorilla
18th Jul 2009, 03:12
With a high turnover you would have been based in Broome before the end of the year a few months in the bush would not hurt ,you only do it once.

VH-Assasiin
18th Jul 2009, 05:03
actually i dont mind the bush for 6 months or so but they wanted me to stay there for 12 months and the current pilot in halls creek has been there since june 2008 and still no sign of him coming to broome. Got a mate whos just started working for them he tells me that the CP was in trouble with casa recently for some thing. Apparantly pauline is more interested in the Floatplane business than BAV. Didnt get a chance to meet the owner but heard that hes a sociopath.;)

FRQ Charlie Bravo
18th Jul 2009, 05:11
Wow,

Unless you've got something bloody good lined up never turn down a flying job (the same rule goes for leaving one too).

You were either looking at Wyndham or Halls Creek and there's a reason that the guys are full-time there namely the fact that there's usually enough flying there that the company is better off not paying casual wages. Oh, and Northwest Regional (Broome Av's non-Broome arm) jobs come with a house (albethey ****-holes). Was it YWYM, YHLC or some new frontier?

FRQ CB

PS Unusual Attitude I think that you must have meant to say that it was a moot point.

PPS Yes the owner is a sociopath.

VH-Assasiin
18th Jul 2009, 05:58
Was hlc
I did go over to start but saw the condition of the house and plane and decided was unsafe. And the boss was on the phone with senior base pilot swearing and shouting for 10 mins.

myshoutcaptain
18th Jul 2009, 06:05
I'm glad you said no , you're a tool + a squeezer :mad:

manymak
18th Jul 2009, 06:11
Wow..that HAS to be a wind up!

VH-Assasiin
18th Jul 2009, 06:12
Some Pilots working up that way have told me that Sling air and Broome Air Services are more Professional and are set to take over the Coolan Island run from BAV. BAS is about to get a VAN soon and sling already have 4 with one more on the way.

Unusual-Attitude
18th Jul 2009, 06:41
Wow...a whole year out bush...imagine that. :rolleyes:

illusion
18th Jul 2009, 06:46
What is wrong with working in HLC or WYM for a year or two. You may not appreciate it at the time but in years to come you will realise that it was the best times in aviation.

Trust me, if you don't enjoy that you will not enjoy a B737 or an A320 cuz it ain't what it used to be

the wizard of auz
18th Jul 2009, 08:11
Some Pilots working up that way have told me that Sling air and Broome Air Services are more Professional and are set to take over the Coolan Island run from BAV. BAS is about to get a VAN soon and sling already have 4 with one more on the way.

Dude, you obviously only started the thread to stir the pot over something you obviously know little about. I can assure you and the other readers of this thread that your facts are in fact not facts at all...... Oh, and you spell Koolan with a K. I'm afraid I will have to agree with Myshoutcaptain. :rolleyes:

tail wheel
18th Jul 2009, 09:04
Yeah Wiz. Spot on! :ok:

*click*