PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Jet International

Johnny Bekkestad
17th Jul 2009, 12:20
Hi can anyone please give me information on Eagle Jet international.
Specially the JAA Cadet Program with and without the MCC and type rating.

Thanks

Johnny

Ste88
17th Jul 2009, 12:52
Hi!

why Eagle jet?
In my opinion there are some better choose to get jaa license in USA. Excluding TR :P

PM me if you are interessed!

meger5
17th Jul 2009, 14:50
Hey
Just read your post about Eagle.

Do you know of any airlines offering cadet scheme's with TR ?
Cheers
Dave

BigGrecian
17th Jul 2009, 16:46
Eagle jet don't offer JAA training.

It's a marketing con.

Ask for a copy of their JAA approvals.

Johnny Bekkestad
17th Jul 2009, 21:28
Can you please elaborate?

Johnny Bekkestad
17th Jul 2009, 21:32
Let me tell you guys what i am looking for.

1. I am looking for something close to Ft. Lauderdale, since i do not want to be to far away from home and i would like to commute. Trying to keep the wife happy :ok:
2. I would like to find something that is cost effective and at the same time good training and realistic goals.
3. Something which will put me in the right seat after training/after the resesion.
4. Since i am 34 years old i am not looking into getting into too heavy loans.... Meaning i want a decent chance to repay during my lifetime :ugh:
5. Does not have to be JAA, could be only FAA.

All info grately appreciated.

/johnny

Penguin68
17th Jul 2009, 22:44
Given where you want to be (FLL) I would have thought that ATP + Gulfstream is a pretty obvious option. I'm sure lots of folks on here will have *nice* things to say about Gulfstream.:uhoh:

Johnny Bekkestad
17th Jul 2009, 22:52
Well, i have looked at both ATP and Gulfstream.
And to be honest, i do not see me getting any job with those hours. Just too much money and too few hours when i am done. Or i am i missing something. The only way i can see it is that i do the frosen ATPL training with ATP for 50 somthing K and then add another 30 or 40K ontop of it in order to train with GS.

One other thing i have looked at is to get my Commercial and then get my instructor rating and try to get some hours that way.

Best Regards
Johnny

Penguin68
17th Jul 2009, 23:02
Good luck ... I think CFI jobs are as rare as hens teeth at the moment. USD 80k for approx 500hrs of which very little is SEP (and half is turbine) is a *relative* bargain - regardless of how valuable (or not) you think a B1900D TR is. I believe ATP used to be much more expensive before the slump. A drive along Pembroke Rd. past North Perry (if you know this area) and a cursory glance at all the mothballed planes there tells you that the smaller flight schools are on the brink.

BigGrecian
17th Jul 2009, 23:49
If your in Sweden surely you want JAA as well? Unless you have the right to work in the USA. Why FLL? You can commute within an hour and a half to international airports pretty much anywhere in Florida

Your FAA licences are next to useless to you in Europe. i.e there are only a couple of jobs for FAA rated pilots in Europe - there are also hundreds of pilots after these - a much tighter job market than the JAA market.

There is no such licence as a frozen ATPL - what you actually mean is a JAA CPL with multi engine instrument rating - with your ATPL theories complete. What you think is a frozen ATPL is a JAA licence term not a FAA one.

Your in the wrong place for advice on FAA training - try jetcareers.com (http://www.jetcareers.com) for that.

34 is pretty average nowadays to be getting into training - especially now loans are harder to come by.

The first thing is you obviously need to read the sticky threads at the top of the professional pilot forums - your questioning style has come up many times before.

Johnny Bekkestad
18th Jul 2009, 07:14
Hi BigGrecian,

Thanks for the info, my wife is us citizen so i have the right. And we have been talking about moving back to FLL next year. That is also why i am mostly interested in FAA.

How do you mean i can commute to half the international airports withing 1½ hour in FL? Not with a car anyway. I see FLL to Miami as a real pain in the morning and afternoon.

Thanks for all the help.

/Johnny