PDA

View Full Version : New Plymouth Aero Club, New Zealand

samdaman
17th Jul 2009, 08:52
Hi guys
Wanted some info on the mob eg: quality of instruction, fleet, atmosphere etc. looked like a smaller set up compared to the club in Auckland/Wellington so am curious to find out if it is worth doing the CPL with them or not.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone can give me some input.

Cheers
Samdaman

hoggsnortrupert
17th Jul 2009, 09:17
Uncle Wayne will see you right.:ok:

Enjoy the specter of mount "EGMONT" and all the taranaki girls you can shake your stick at!:=:E

H/Snort.

wildpudding
18th Jul 2009, 08:33
Aero clubs are the way forward, especially the one's with an air operation branch attached (ie. NP) in terms of getting work once you have your quals.

samdaman
18th Jul 2009, 11:29
thanks to both of you for the info.

would it be possible to elaborate if you know the pros and cons about the club? do they have a nice bar? :ok:

as for the taranaki girls are concerned, oh boy maybe i should keep my mouth shut :ouch:

Samdaman

27/09
19th Jul 2009, 09:29
It's a good well run club with a charter operation. Haven't had a beer there recently but the bar used to be good as well, probably still is.

codenamejames
20th Jul 2009, 00:24
Good aeroclub indeed.

I've flown in there a number of times, and the staff are always helpful, friendly, give good odvice on local conditions.
If that's anything to go by the teaching should be good too.

There's some interesting aircraft there too.

I heard that New Plymouth has the most bars per capita in New Zild..?

samdaman
20th Jul 2009, 05:47
cheers for that guys! appreciate the time you have taken to reply. all looks encouraging so might have a dash at the club.

:ok:

Samdaman