PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Flying College

VH-SKY
17th Jul 2009, 05:00
Just wondering if anyone had some information on what the school is like to work for eg. Progression, Money,

Cheers

tmpffisch
17th Jul 2009, 06:30
Just purchased 5 Cessna Citation Mustangs this week.........friggin cool!

VH-SKY
17th Jul 2009, 07:24
Only 5 hey,

training wheels
17th Jul 2009, 07:56
Just purchased 5 Cessna Citation Mustangs this week.........friggin cool!

Do you have a link for that? I thought they operated Learjet 45s for high performance training?

GAFA
17th Jul 2009, 07:59
It was in today's Australian.

tmpffisch
17th Jul 2009, 08:10
http://www.downwind.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=141:singapore-flying-college-and-aeromil-pacific&catid=36:industry-information&Itemid=102

Carambar
17th Jul 2009, 10:51
Try here (http://www.ausaviation.com.au/express.htm) if you don't have a login.

slowbus
18th Jul 2009, 02:35
Progression: If you do your best....they will support your move into the SIA group.

Money: They still give bonuses in the worst of times. Normal pay is based on award.

The Green Goblin
18th Jul 2009, 02:38
And the guys who have been there for 5 years have got no chance of moving to SIA right now.

Should of cut and run like the smart ones when the going was good :}

But hey 172 time is worth its weight in gold I hear :E

slowbus
18th Jul 2009, 03:35
Do you think an airline will hire more pilots while losing money (apart from some in the middle east)? I heard QF could be retrenching pilots.

We tend to forget there are no promises to join the parent company after 5 years. Its just a possibility not a guarantee.

I know quite a few guys out there looking for work. At least these guys are still employed on full time pay.

VH-MLE
18th Jul 2009, 13:07
A good choice I believe. I don't work there myself but SFC seems a very well run and professional organisation with the added bonus of possible career progression to the airline (or subsidiaries) a distinct possibility after 5 years (or perhaps a bit longer in the current environment).

Definitely worth going for in my opinion.

Cheers.

VH-MLE

eternity
20th Jul 2009, 12:17
If you get the opportunity, jump in with SFC.

I spent a year there and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The team of instructors are a great bunch of people and the students are a pretty good group as well.

In terms of career advancement, if you give 5 yrs to SFC they will work hard to get you into either mainline, singcargo or silk.
Pretty much every person I know that has done 5 or more years there have been given the option.

In terms of aircraft there, the C172's are not older than your Dad and the engineers there are some of the best that I have come across.

The basic philosphy I learned there was if you do the right thing, play the game straight and work properly the company will reward you and really look after you.

Overall, if you get the opportunity, give it a go.

Eternity.