PDA

View Full Version : biz jets

icarter
17th Jul 2009, 02:23
What are the average rates of pay for flying these and also for the turboprop industry

Nashers
17th Jul 2009, 04:32
why dont you try the biz jet forum?

Kelly Hopper
17th Jul 2009, 06:15
Too vague a question. No such thing as average in bizjet world. I know of guys earning €1500 per month and others earning €12,000! Depends who you work for, which country, which aircraft, which owner, left or right seat and more!

Nearly There
17th Jul 2009, 08:00
PPJN will give ball park figures, but it really does depend on many things, company, air craft type, salary and per diems etc

http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/operatorlist.php?reg=Europe

BigNumber
17th Jul 2009, 09:02
icarter,

As a Captain on Citation Jet 2+ my day rate was 400 Euro's plus 50 per diem. As Kelly says in better times, with a good owner / operation / ac type, the rates can be very rewarding indeed.

Times are very hard at present in Business Aviation. Across all types, there is a huge excess of hugely experienced drivers.

Insurance requirements tend to be very high as compared with 'the airlines'. The owners have very specific requirements regarding hours, type experience, age, languages - the list goes on!

I cannot see this situation improving any time soon.

The truth is; there are no paid flying jobs in any part of the aviation industry at the moment for any wannabe.

BizJetJockey
17th Jul 2009, 09:21
Very dependent on the type of aircraft I'd say. From what I have seen, the bigger the bird, the better the salary!

Duck Rogers
17th Jul 2009, 12:31
why dont you try the biz jet forum?

You think?

Duck
(Apparently Invisible) Bizjet Forum Mod