PDA

View Full Version : Ssea - Jar Ppl

JUST-local
16th Jul 2009, 10:36
Has anyone added a SSEA class to a JAR - PPL.

I have spoken to the CAA PLD and tried to talk with the NPPL on behalf of a student and there is serious confusion on the NPPL medical and SSEA class rating in relation to CAA/ JAR - PPL. :confused:

NPPL's advise was worrying!

CAA advise was one of confusion and using the wrong forms.

Anyway any advise greatly appreciated as the forms don't seem to exist?

Many thanks in advance.

JL.

Whopity
16th Jul 2009, 11:23
Talk to Alan Newton at ontrackaviation, he is the Seaplane expert

BEagle
16th Jul 2009, 12:15
Do you mean including a SEP (Seaplane) Class Rating in a JAR-FCL PPL(A)? Or do you mean including a SSEA Class Rating in a JAR-FCL PPL(A).

Your post barely makes any coherent sense. What does: I have spoken to the CAA PLD and tried to talk with the NPPL on behalf of a student and there is serious confusion on the NPPL medical and SSEA class rating in relation to CAA/ JAR - PPL. mean?

If a pilot wishes to include a SSEA Class Rating in a UK or JAR-FCL PPL(A), the process is quite clearly explained in section 9.9 of http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/AN%20Amendment%20Order%20Circular%20v%201%2000%2000.pdf .

JUST-local
16th Jul 2009, 15:07
Thanks Beagle

That was the document I could not find!

SEc. 5.1 explains the process, you (examiner) make an entry on the ratings page with the dates then send this for PLD to add the SSEA class rating? is this the process and is there a SRG form for it?

JL

BEagle
16th Jul 2009, 16:22
Section 9.9 is for the Examiner, earlier sections are for the licence holder's information.

There is some problem with downloading the correct form from the NPPL website at the moment*, but it will be fixed shortly. The CAA decided that anyone who really wanted a SSEA Class Rating in a non-NPPL could use this form. I suggest a covering letter as well, because the people at the CAA in licence production often seem to be the last people to be briefed about 'new' procedures.

I'm not quite sure I understand why a 'student' should need to know about SSEA Class Ratings in non-NPPL pilot licences? No non-NPPL can be issued or re-issued with a SSEA Class Rating as such licences must meet JAR-FCL requirements........ ORS 4 No 711 exemptions only apply to existing pilot licence holders with valid SEP Class Ratings.

*I've now learned that the www. nppl.uk.com website has been hacked and many pages deleted. NPLG are trying hard to sort things out. Wretched hackers; they should have every finger of each hand broken. Then let them try to use a keyboard....or wipe their backsides.

BigEndBob
18th Jul 2009, 15:19
Try this

NPPL (http://www.nationalprivatepilotslicence.co.uk/)

Go to heading 'Licence allowances'.

S-Works
19th Jul 2009, 16:43
I added a SEP (SEA) rating to a JAR FCL licence. I did the commercial sea plane rating in Florida and then came back to the UK and did the professional seamanship exams at Gatwick and the rating was added to my licence as test exempt.

Alan Newton is definitely your man on sea plane matters he prepared me for my exams and I also sat the private exam with him as a warm up for Gatwick.

JUST-local
19th Jul 2009, 17:19
I was refering to adding the ssea (Simple single engine aeroplane) rating to a JAR-FCL PPL (A) on behalf of someone who did not want to renew his CAA Class II medical.

As I thought the forms are not in existance to do such a thing.

Thanks all.

JL