PDA

View Full Version : medical certificate Class 1 at CIMA

lenuma
15th Jul 2009, 12:40
Hi,

I'm french, and i would like to obtain a Class 1 certificate in Spain (CIMA Madrid).

I have seen that there is psychotechnical tests and an interview with a psychologist. Is it true ?

I'm looking for informations about the examination program and if i need to speak spanish very well ?

Thanks,

redout
15th Jul 2009, 14:48
I can confirm Spain does require an interview with a psychologist and a psychological questionnaire in addition to the regular JAR requirements. If you dont want to do it then get yourself a medical in France although your going to need a Spanish medical come the time of license issue if you undertake training for a PPL or CPL. There are at least half a dozen schools in Spain which undertake training in English.

rogerarr
15th Jul 2009, 16:11
Hi lenuma

I'd like to ask you a question;

Why do you wont to try to pass a medical class 1 in Spain instead of France?
Sorry for my questions.

Thanks in advance.

LH2
15th Jul 2009, 16:13
Is that an initial Class I or renewal? From what I've heard, the chaps at CIMA can be a bit pain-in-the-arsy. OTOH I did a renewal in Barcelona last year and they were perfectly fine but I'm not sure if they do initials, or what the requirements are.

Or as the post above says, try the CEMPN in Toulouse. I'm sure it'll be less painful.

lenuma
16th Jul 2009, 08:42
Hi,

Thanks for yours answers,

It's for an initial Class 1 and the reason is a lost of Class1 in France in 2006.
Now, i try to pass it in Spain.

I have 38 flight hours.

My wish is to finish my PPL in Spain near BCN and next to do the CPL IR ME at Jerez.

I've heard that the CIMA in Madrid is better for an initial.

And what about the questions we can find during the interview knowing that i speak spanish like english !!!

Thanks for all informations,

Manu

ant1
16th Jul 2009, 21:18
Spain should not be your #1 option. Try Germany first.

My 2 cents.