PDA

View Full Version : Mi-26 Loadlifting

Torque Split
14th Jul 2009, 15:01
Hi All

I have been asked to investigate load-lifiting a 16,000kg weight. I have already said that there is nothing in the UK civil register that can do it.
Does anyone have info about Mi-26's? I am guessing that the CAA won't let it operate in the UK, but I guess it is interesting to ask.

:ok:

Rotorhead11
14th Jul 2009, 15:19
Feel free to PM me with a full list of all your questions and requirements, have considerable experience with the 26 having operated them as far back as 93 in Cambodia, also know the right guys to ask any technical questions ie. the guys in Rostov (the 26 plant) and 26 captains,
Cheers

zlocko2002
14th Jul 2009, 15:25
Mi-26 can lift up to 20000kg, I guess the price would be around 20000 usd/hr. Cheep to buy, expensive to operate but if you have the enough job for it...:ok:

Torque Split
14th Jul 2009, 15:32
Thanks guys for the swift responses.

Rotorhead11
14th Jul 2009, 15:53
Also,
I think that if there is absolutely no other way of performing the task you will get a dispensation to bring the machine in strictly to perform the work, this has been done many times before in other countries, obviously I am not aware if it is or can be done in the UK, in Sydney for instance we used a KA32 to place the olympic statues on top of the centrepoint tower in the centre of the CBD, they closed off a part of the city specifically for us, my guess is that if there is any political will behind the lift you will get it done,
Cheers

horatio_b
14th Jul 2009, 19:59
Currently this Russian example based at Lausanne, Switzerland for
the next month or so

DPTS Association - The Geneva Aviation Website (http://www.dpts.org)

heli1
15th Jul 2009, 07:37
Skytech in Belgium could be your best bet...thery charter Mi-26s for all sorts of heavy lift work.
Also Heliswiss .