PDA

View Full Version : Sos!!! Caac License Conversion School? China

Brian304
14th Jul 2009, 08:10
Hi all

I'm just in abit of trouble at the moment, was hoping to do this CAAC license conversion privately. As I heard foreign FO needs to have CAAC license mostly before applying for a job. But I've failed to notice that apart from beijing panam (which has gone under now), hardly any other flight school does this license conversion. I've spoken to Kunpeng Flight School and they said that they don't do conversion courses, they only start cadets from 0, Jingtao flight said that I have to start from 0, and finish everything in 3 months for some reason. Has anyone got any suggestions for flight schools around by any chance? I hald a JAA FATPL with B737 rating.

greenno
2nd Sep 2009, 09:20
If you have a ATPL licence you have to do in Shanghai only one exam (I think but I'm not sure) there is a book but I don't know where you can get it.

Usually airline that contract the pilot pay for the conversion and exam fees.

Try to speak with JTFA o CAFUC o directly CAAC.

Good luck

ppppilot
2nd Sep 2009, 10:08
I am also interested in validating my JAR or FAR ATPL licenses to the CAAC. Does anyone know how?
Thank you in advance.

Fareastdriver
2nd Sep 2009, 15:11
The normal and probably the only way to get a Chinese ATPL is after you have been accepted by a Chinese company. Then, they will go through the the procedure for you to get your Chinese licence.
They will have an entire department to do this for you and their national pilots. Everything is administered in Chinese. They exams may be in English but getting to do one is not. Another drawback is the medical examination, a list of things done in one hospital and another done by CAAC doctors at either an airline HQ or a CAAC hospital.
Try as you may you cannot do it by yourself even if you were a national Chinese.

ppppilot
2nd Sep 2009, 16:14
Thank you Fareastdriver. :ok:
I am awaiting from Hainan Airlines since 2 months ago, but the CAAC has not sent yet the email to my civil aviation authorities inquiring about my license. I thought I could do something to speed up the process. Furthermore I am considering to visit personally the CAAC department, but I am not sure it could be of help.:hmm:

ReverseFlight
3rd Sep 2009, 03:46
Patience, my friend, as it's a slow boat to China.

Be prepared to wait many months for things to happen.:sad:

greenno
3rd Sep 2009, 07:37
ppppilot China and Spain "la misma cosa". :ok:

mingalababya
3rd Sep 2009, 09:58
Thank you Fareastdriver. :ok:
I am awaiting from Hainan Airlines since 2 months ago, but the CAAC has not sent yet the email to my civil aviation authorities inquiring about my license.

ppppilot, you'll need to get your licensing authority to send your license details to the CAAC Flight Standards Department. Where I come from, we have a process and the relevant forms to do this. I'll PM you the fax number and email of the CAAC Flight Standards department. Good luck.

Brian304
4th Sep 2009, 19:18
Well its pretty true, you need a company to do the conversion for you, you won't be able to do it on your own. Plus your license will have the company name on, so you won't be able to jump ship with your license unless they let you. Be prepared for the long process in china, but I guess its worth it if you get a job in the end. I've recently gained myself a job with a company in china, and did the very thorough medical check in china, and I mean it was very thorough, brain scans, 3 test tubes of blood, heart scans, chest scans, they even got an old man to feel your private bits to see if theres anything wrong down there, once or twice is ok, but every year OMG, its going to be fun....:ugh:

mingalababya
5th Sep 2009, 02:15
once or twice is ok, but every year OMG, its going to be fun....

The initial medical is pretty full on, but renewals aren't as elaborate as that. You'll find the class 1 medical renewal examination to be more in line with what you're used to in your home country. Just don't lose your "brown medical book" where they record your details and you should be fine for the renewal.

Yep, I had the brain scan and the stress ECG , but missed out on the 'old man feeling my private' bit. I've never heard my other colleagues mention this, so maybe you got a doctor who likes you? ;) :E

Brian304
5th Sep 2009, 04:47
Well I don't think he liked me too much, there was 10 of us and he felt us all one by one, wasn't too pleseant, luckily hopefully the renewal won't be as bad...

Orsika627
5th Sep 2009, 13:14
Does anyone know what is the maximum age limit according to the Chinese CAA? I heard 60, 63 and 65, but I don't know which is the right. It's very important, pls if you know, answer me. Thanks!

skywalker330
16th Dec 2011, 11:10
Anyone know how to convert my FAA CPL/IR/ME to CAAC? Can I do it by myself or do I need an airline to do with? Thanks!