PDA

View Full Version : Mil 26 Down in the Afghan

VfrpilotPB/2
14th Jul 2009, 07:19
Sadly not much info comming out but picked up a Chinnock is down possible due action , seems several Civvie contractors were on board.

I hope they all are ok.

my thoughts are with those out there!

Addition after reading posts
* It says much about the lack of Air support we Brits are able to give to the Army, when a Civilian set up can have a Chinook for taxiing workers around. However I still hope they are safe and able to be rescued,

perhaps some body with connections might suggest to the "One Eyed Jock" that we could possibly hire some of these Civiy/military Chinooks!

jonnyloove
14th Jul 2009, 08:32
It might be one off the Blackwater aviation SA-330J Operating there.....!!!!

Extrafficer
14th Jul 2009, 08:33
"We are aware of an incident involving a non-British military helicopter in Helmand province," news agency Reuters quoted Lieutenant-Colonel Nick Richardson of the Nato-led force as saying.
US military spokeswoman Lt Cmdr Christine Sidenstricker said the helicopter was a civilian aircraft.

:sad:

iuk1963
14th Jul 2009, 10:36
Six civilians killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash

AP
Published: July 14, 2009, 13:51
Kabul: An official says six civilians have died after a helicopter contracted by the Nato-led force in Afghanistan crashed.

Helmand province official Fazel Haq says the helicopter crashed and caught fire around daybreak Tuesday in Sangin district in the country's south.

A spokesman for the Nato-led force says six civilians on board were killed and an Afghan national on the ground was hurt. H

Earlier in the day, two US Marines were also killed in the same region.

He says authorities are investigating the cause of the crash.

Flapwing
14th Jul 2009, 14:11
KABUL -- A NATO-contracted helicopter crashed in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday killing six civilians on board and an Afghan child on the ground. Two U.S. Marines and an Italian soldier died in other violence.

The civilian helicopter slammed into the ground and caught fire at daybreak in Helmand province's Sangin district, said Fazel Haq, the top district official.

Six civilians on board were killed and an Afghan national on the ground was injured, said a spokesman for the NATO-led force, who could not be identified because he was not the media office's top spokesman.

Rotorhead11
14th Jul 2009, 14:21
It was a MI-26 under Moldovan registration that came under fire, details are very sketchy atm.............

InsuranceGuy
14th Jul 2009, 16:28
At least six civilian have been killed that were onboard a Pecotox Air Mil Mi-26T (ER-MCV msn 34001212611) that was reportedly shot down near Sangin military base in Helmand Province, Afghanistan on July 14.

Rotorhead11
14th Jul 2009, 16:37
There has been confirmation of a MI26 crashing not far from Bastion this morning, it was accompanied by an MTV that witnessed the tail boom shear from the aircraft, It is not clear at this stage whether this was due to mechanical failure or the ground fire that both aircraft came under at the time.

Bomb Doctor
14th Jul 2009, 23:52
I took this at Lashkar Gar HLS a few months back :(

One big MoFo!!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x239/Bomb-Doctor/P2210139.jpg