PDA

View Full Version : Operating charter without an AOC - other countries?

Krazy
14th Jul 2009, 03:07
I know in Australia you need an AOC to do any sort of charter, and while there has been talk of a 'mini' AOC for scenic flights, it doesn't actually exist. Does anyone know whether there are any other countries where you can work as a pilot by running your own small business, without getting an AOC (a'la CASA's complicated and expensive process) or similar?

YELOSUB
14th Jul 2009, 03:14
somalia maybe. Or parachte opps in Aus

D-J
14th Jul 2009, 03:32
Or parachute ops in Aus

possibly not for much longer....:ugh:

porch monkey
14th Jul 2009, 03:41
Good......

Jabawocky
14th Jul 2009, 04:32
Have recently been made aware of some dimwhit in Qld running dodgey charters and holiday packages without an AOC......without a CPL.....ummmm not sure if he even has a PPL......or anything more than a GFPT and heaven knos about a medical........:rolleyes:

Not sure I know what to do with said knowlege either!:hmm:

Some very ordinary flying displays too :ooh:

So Somalia or Australia!

j3pipercub
14th Jul 2009, 04:45
131 757 Jaba

Jabawocky
14th Jul 2009, 04:50
Yes......... but I fear they want a little more evidence than I have to provide.

PM me if you know more!

Horatio Leafblower
14th Jul 2009, 07:05
There's a C310 operating out of PMQ, I am told, that will take you to Lord Howe Island. Doesn't operate under any Australian AOC.... maybe it's a Lord Howe AOC? :confused:

chimbu warrior
14th Jul 2009, 10:13
A serious reply.........

Not aware of any country where you can operate charter without an AOC (have no first-hand experience in Somalia), however in the US of A you can instruct without it having to be under the auspices of a flying school/AOC holder.

It is of course mandaory to have an instructor rating (or CFI as they call it).

Jabawocky
14th Jul 2009, 11:39
......and my reply was serious! :eek:

Krazy
14th Jul 2009, 18:00
Whilst not overly informative, thanks guys for putting a smile on my face this morning! :ok:

Jabawocky
15th Jul 2009, 00:07
Krazy

Just a thought, do you work for CASA as some sort of AOC compliance checker, and needed some more tips on places to look for work? :E

If so your fishing trip got more bites than my last one :{

J:}

VH-XXX
15th Jul 2009, 01:44
Surely some African countries or perhaps Mexico or Cuba you might get away without an AOC as long as you have plenty of bribe money handy.

Tinstaafl
15th Jul 2009, 16:43
I don't think joy and/or scenic flights in the USA require an AOC. Can't remember because it doesn't affect me. Probably other restrictions though.