PDA

View Full Version : SQ Y Class Seats

Businesstraveller
13th Jul 2009, 16:25
I'm travelling LHR-SIN-LHR in October (Y class with SQ). Given the aircraft I'll be on (details below), can somebody tell me if the seats have adjustable headrests (i.e. slide up/down, but more importantly the headrest sides will fold forwards to hold your noggin whilst sleeping). Thought it best to pick preferential seats given that I'm over 6ft tall!

Boeing B777 300ER (seat 44H)
Airbus A380 (seat 81K)

raffele
13th Jul 2009, 17:23
Judging by the images on the Singapore Airlines website it looks like the headrests are adjustable and have ears:

Singapore Airlines New Economy Class Seat (http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/exp/new/economyclass/seatfeatures.jsp)

Gibon2
13th Jul 2009, 19:27
Yes, I can personally attest that Y class seats on SQ 777-300ERs have headrests that slide up and down, with winglets (if that is the word) that fold inward to hold your head. They are pretty good seats, one of the best Y class offerings I've encountered, with reasonable legroom and widescreen IFE. I presume the seats on the A380 are the same.

The bulkhead rows on the 777-300ER have loads of legroom (much more than in older SQ 777s), and I always try to snare one - although you often have to share with families with babies.