PDA

View Full Version : Met reporting

fromwayback
12th Jul 2009, 15:28
I have heard a few operators give met reports at "M" reporting points. Is it necessary for Australian airlines at Australian met reporting points to include the wind etc with the position report?

PlankBlender
12th Jul 2009, 22:56
Just read that section yesterday in preparation for my CPL Met exam tomorrow. :ok:

Not a hard and fast requirement it seems according to AIP GEN 3.5.11.3:

AIREP meterological information reporting points are indicated by the symbols .. and .. on en route charts .. Meterological information, if required, is provided at these reporting points by the inclusion of AIREP Section 3 .. Additionally, whenever conditions experienced are significantly above or below those forecast, AIREP including Section 3 should be submitted ..

All flighte are required to transmit meterological information from MET reporting points shown on charts which are used in lieu of Australian AIP aeronautical charts.

Maybe someone can explain the bolded sections, doesn't quite make sense yet why reports should only be required when non-AIP charts are used (or how do I understand the 'in lieu of'?). The initial 'provided' I assume means it's provided from ATS/FIS to the pilot?!