PDA

View Full Version : Comanche crash at NZNE

toolowtoofast
11th Jul 2009, 08:59
It's been pretty quiet about this one.....looks like both lucky to get out unscathed

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj274/toolowtoofast/2580152.jpg

Crash landing at Dairy Flat - auckland | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/2580151/Crash-landing-at-Dairy-Flat)

The Green Goblin
11th Jul 2009, 09:12
She's all good, a bit of a polish and a touch of schedule 8 an she'll soar like a brick :}

Ultralights
11th Jul 2009, 09:19
cant wait for our resident crash analysis experts give a report on this one!

scrufflefish
11th Jul 2009, 09:39
The cause is obvious, all three engines have fallen off.

Aerozepplin
11th Jul 2009, 09:44
Ha! Indeed. I never realised a twin has so much plumbing up front.
There wasn't much talk about this in the news. That article was "front page" on stuff.co.nz for a bit, but it's pretty rubbish. I had to research what it was (I've never actually seen a PA30) and who operated it myself.

the wizard of auz
11th Jul 2009, 10:32
Aaaah, that should buff right out. :}

The Green Goblin
11th Jul 2009, 12:54
cant wait for our resident crash analysis experts give a report on this one!

Well its obvious isn't it?? Judging by the nose down attitude and subsequent separation of the aerofoil from the wing I would say without a doubt it has stalled due to the pilot being unsafe in his training.

I can say this having just gone on my first solo as a freshly minted RAA Pilot :}

kiwi chick
11th Jul 2009, 13:14
Wow, that was kept pretty quiet - I never heard a thing about it.

The article said it must be a pretty experienced pilot to fly that kind of plane so we must be looking at mechanical error.

:}

Chimbu chuckles
11th Jul 2009, 13:31
Wow I never realised when I was flying them that Twin Catastrophes had so many life saving crush zones to absorb impact forces...:E

scrufflefish very funny:ok:

Wombat35
11th Jul 2009, 21:36
Practicing X winds?? It was about 1 kt at Ardmore at least... It was a perfect day for flying ... well almost :(

empacher48
11th Jul 2009, 21:55
As a crash expert I can say this accident was caused by the aircraft crashing, or possibly by an unscheduled underground landing..:}

ravan
11th Jul 2009, 22:29
"Fortunately the pilot was able to detach the engines from the wings just before touchdown thereby preventing any further damage........" (Source - The Kickatinalong Post)

Steve Zissou
11th Jul 2009, 22:43
Whiteout and/or mud on the windscreen caused this crash. Clearly.

kibbet
12th Jul 2009, 00:28
looks like Piper's entry into the 6 seat glider market is going to be delayed again :}

mattyj
12th Jul 2009, 05:33
Is it raining mud there now Zissou!!?? Amazing, I blame climate change

j3pipercub
12th Jul 2009, 05:45
Green Goblin,

Comments like that show you to be an amatuer, or a metro pilot, one of the two... :} Takes one to know one, amatuer that is :ok: :}

And you've got it wrong, my brothers' dry cleaners' auntys' dog was there and it reckons the aircraft just came in waaaaayyy too fast and as the pilot was male, didn't go around...:}

j3

kiwi chick
12th Jul 2009, 06:44
Jeez Piper, it's people like you that ruin this industry with surperfluous gosspip and uninformed facts.

It was a squirrel, not a dog.

j3pipercub
12th Jul 2009, 07:21
A squirrel eh, ah nuts

Hat, coat, door

j3

kiwi chick
12th Jul 2009, 07:28
:} Yep. If you look closely, you can see them on the cabin floor ...

Runaway Gun
12th Jul 2009, 15:10
Obviously low flying. See the Moo Poo on the wing and hori stab?
And the cows have all been scared away - not a single cow in sight!!

The Green Goblin
13th Jul 2009, 06:54
Green Goblin,

Comments like that show you to be an amatuer, or a metro pilot, one of the two... Takes one to know one, amatuer that is

Yeah its amazing what an RAA licence will get ya into these days :)

PA39
14th Jul 2009, 03:44
:(Does anyone know the pilots name? looking for information that it was NOT Alan Breen. Thanks for your help.

slackie
14th Jul 2009, 04:48
It wasn't AB's Twin Comanche

tred
15th Jul 2009, 06:32
Media Release

LUCKY ESCAPE AFTER HELICOPTER CRASHES

10 passengers and 3 crew were uninjured after their single engine cessnaa caribu smashed into the ground at North Shore today. An aviation expert eyewitness told NZPA that the aircraft was carrying out loops and rolls when the aircraft nosedived into the ground. It is believed the highwing aircraft then bounced back into the air and somersalted onto its belly causing minor damage. All 23 people walked away unscathed.

:}:}:}:}

Well it's pretty close to what we get from the media these days!!!!

kiwi chick
15th Jul 2009, 11:08
Haha, you're not far from the truth!

Isn't it funny how aircraft always plummet from the sky. :hmm:

Clearly, all the Principals of Flight and Aerodynamics are zapped from existence whenever even the slighest incident occurs... :rolleyes:

Runaway Gun
15th Jul 2009, 11:17
Tred, the expert eyewitness forgot to mention that "The aircraft didn't stall, because engine was still revving hard." Also, you forgot to mention that the pilot was a hero for avoiding every school, hospital, and endangered Kiwi within a 50 mile radius, and for narrowly avoiding a horrendous explosion.

DeeCee
15th Jul 2009, 11:24
I'd say it was obviously a tailstrike caused by the gusty 1kt winds and carbon monoxide poisoning from the parrafin heater thingy in the nose.

mattyj
15th Jul 2009, 11:27
oh thats been removed now anyway!

j3pipercub
15th Jul 2009, 11:27
tred that was beautiful, thanks for making me smile

The Green Goblin
15th Jul 2009, 11:38
Tred, the expert eyewitness forgot to mention that "The aircraft didn't stall, because engine was still revving hard." Also, you forgot to mention that the pilot was a hero for avoiding every school, hospital, and endangered Kiwi within a 50 mile radius, and for narrowly avoiding a horrendous explosion.

You forgot the prized sheep :}

YouTube - Extreme Sheep LED Art (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw)