PDA

View Full Version : Relevant jobs/experience

venkoj
10th Jul 2009, 21:50
Hi all

I'm currently on the road to fATPL and halfway through the ground exams. Unfortunately I have been laid off from my day job as a professional so it has provided me with an oportunity to try and get some relevant non-flying experience that may assist me in the future. So I would welcome any ideas as to what such jobs/experience may be.

I am aware there is a similar thread going on at the moment but I am a bit further ahead as I am almost 30 and have done the whole uni and full time work shabang.

Is it worth writing to the major aerospace companies (Airbus, BAE, etc) who have a presence in the South West where I'm based, to see if they have anything? Or perhaps contacting all local flying schools if they can fit me in anywhere? Or maybe some further academic qualifications related to aviation, if there are any?

Questions, quesions, I know, but any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

GearDownFlaps
10th Jul 2009, 22:00
Mate just concentrate on getting your exams done , you could be hour building as well if you have free time assuming you not already done it , as will be pointed out to you when you send a CV for a job they dont like more han one page , if you have had a life prior to flying, with your training, personal , hour tally and employment details that will be one page , if your 30 years old you should be able to field any relevenat perosnal experiences if it comes up on an interview. But in meantime get to grips with those exams they will stand you in better stead than you being able to say you hung around airfields etc etc