PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Campbell.

Guzlin Adnams
9th Jul 2009, 09:09
Working for home today and just been listening to Nicky Campbell on 5.
Talking about Afganistan and how the armed forces are being treated.
Sounds like you've all got a hell of a lot of support. Although some didn't think we should be out there fighting, all that I heard said that the government are not supporting the forces. Heatening I think.
Don't always like what Campbell and co come up with but there did seem to be a constant theme to this one.
Keep up the good work and stay safe.:D

GPMG
9th Jul 2009, 09:14
He's not the only one.

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Clegg queries Afghanistan tactics (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8141591.stm)

Although the fact that he is a politician makes me wonder what his real motive is.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
9th Jul 2009, 09:30
The Conservatives have said they back the mission's aims but insist the strategy must be clarified.

At least they seem to know the difference between "tactics" and "strategy".

In fairness to DE&S, even UOR bought material has to be built. It isn't sat in a Contractor's store just waiting to be bought. It still also has to be properly evaluated to ensure that it it's an improvement on current and hasn't got built in and hidden dangers. Mil Logs is a piece of p**s, of course. Any politician could do it. :ok:

Mr C Hinecap
9th Jul 2009, 11:08
Mil Logs is a piece of p**s, of course. Any politician could do it.

I'll think you will find that any Tom, Dick, Harry, Techie, Aircrew and every other Trade and Branch could also do it. :ouch:

Or were they tellig me fibs?

Bunker Mentality
10th Jul 2009, 14:24
Is that why so many Supply Officers start their careers in training for other branches?

I often wondered.

The FC Branch has certainly produced lots of them.