PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Air Corps interview process.

EJBAILY
8th Jul 2009, 15:50
Hi All.

I am currently filling in the Army application forms with the intent of going into the Army Air Corps. I don’t know anyone who is in the Army let alone the Air Corps, therefore at an end who to ask for advice. Could anyone with experience of the process please offer any tips or hints that would help me prepare for the up coming process. Any information given would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards.,

Ed.

GPMG
8th Jul 2009, 16:26
You may also get some help on ARRSE.

Army Rumour Service > > Forums > > Boards by Arm / Service (roughly) > > Aviation (http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewforum/f=24.html)

EJBAILY
8th Jul 2009, 17:27
Excellent, thank you very much.

spindrier
8th Jul 2009, 20:12
I would not get too excited. When WILDCAT (read small white elephant) gets cancelled in the forthcoming defence review, the AAC will be for the chop and you will be headed for the infantry! Suggest you go for the light or dark blue now.

GPMG
8th Jul 2009, 22:30
Spin, thats a bit harsh isn't it?
The bloke is embarking on one of the most exciting periods of his life. 'All power to him'. You never know, he may end up in space!

I am sure that many of us wish tha we were in his position, at an age with a 'wide blue yonder' in his personal HUD.

Constructive nudging yes, but stamping on hopes won't help. Even if life does add a taste of citrus as you get older.

ProfessionalStudent
9th Jul 2009, 06:31
A pair of slightly-too-short red jumbo cords, a check shirt and a pair of brown Church brogues is a good start...:ok:

Gainesy
9th Jul 2009, 13:57
...and an incontinent Springer.:)

Mister-T
9th Jul 2009, 16:07
How about getting a swathe of red hair and changing your name to Wales.....oh damn somebody already thought of that. :}

parabellum
9th Jul 2009, 23:41
the AAC will be for the chop

That would be after the RAF has been taken over by the FAA? Judging by the excellent way the Apaches are performing and being used by the AAC the RAF won't be getting their hands on them anytime soon!;)

minigundiplomat
10th Jul 2009, 23:52
That would be after the RAF has been taken over by the FAA?

Sorry, your Tristar back from Afghanistan is cancelled. No, it's perfectly serviceable, but we're having a bit of a cocktail party, followed by a flypast and rig run.

Seriously, it would be like a lion getting humped by a meerkat!

parabellum
11th Jul 2009, 12:32
I was just highlighting the improbability of spindriers prophecy!

spindrier
11th Jul 2009, 21:42
No bad feelings to the chap at the dawn of a career; just thought he should have a blunt and honest appraisal of reality in order that he could make a balanced decision.

Give it 18 months and an axe to the defence budget and we will see...