PDA

View Full Version : Chinook visitations

Double Zero
8th Jul 2009, 13:19
I live , most of the time, in the village of Lodsworth, just north of the A272 between Midhurst & Petworth, West Sussex.

I was fairly incensed to read in the parish mag' that helicopters are a ' nuisance ' ( we get a lot of traffic from Goodwood in their cheapo Robinsons, my answer would be ' if you can read the reg' no'.s ' ... ) but there was also a comment that ' we and another local village - Easebourne - are being ' TORMENTED at night by Chinooks '.

Before I reply to the idiot NIMBYS re. training, NVG's & the little matter of Aghanistan etc, can Odiham please supply me with any P.R. literature / media or other backup to present ?!

As far as we're concerned, you're welcome, only sorry my cheapo Russian NVG gave up about a second after the guarantee ran out ( beware anything with a ' Yukon ' label ) or I might have been able to see you too !

DZ

whowhenwhy
8th Jul 2009, 14:38
Ring the station and ask to speak to the media and comma officer

Gainesy
8th Jul 2009, 14:54
Yer might get some full stops to put some Wokka PR between.:)

Double Zero
8th Jul 2009, 19:01
Gainesy,

Please explain...

Meanwhile, Chinooks please regard Lodsworth GU28 9DA ( I doubt it works that way for you but anyway even driving past honking a car horn would do as Plan B ) you're welcome.

Aim for a large redwood tree at the NW of our garden; while it's ( the garden ) quite big enough to fast rope down, or in fact land in, - tight re.rotors but nothing you haven't done before -, NOT SUGGGESTING YOU LAND BUT the field is an option.

A large unkempt field is just to the west; beware the stunted oak tree in the centre of the field - and a hover over the pub at the top of the hill - Hollist Arms - would be a jolly good thing, either you'd get good nosh for life or barred; I doubt you care which, but we regard the wokka as a feeling of security to sleep well, in a way at least, while knowing you & chums are putting it on the line...

I would join you anywhere if I could, in that event please PM me ( ex BAe photographer ).

As I say, if there's a PR option of any kind to show it might drag these gits away from being 'bankers'...I'll contact Odiham.

DZ