PDA

View Full Version : Madiba Bay School Of Flight

dedax
7th Jul 2009, 21:56
Hi Y'all
Anyone with some knowledge of MADIBA BAY SCHOOL of FLIGHT at Port Elizabeth South Africa? I would really appreciate any information you might have. I have been approached by the school for my flight training but have absolutely no prior information about them.

:confused:

FO_Reckoner
5th May 2010, 14:29
If someone with knowledge about the school could help us out please I'd be very grateful.

MartinCh
7th May 2010, 23:50
If you fancy PE, for fixed wing, then Algoa FC has very good feedback throughout the countries. Also reasonable rates.

FO_Reckoner
8th May 2010, 16:27
my problem with Algoa is that they don't offer ATPL theory, neither do Madiba bay but their rates are extremely good, which is making me worried a bit about the quality.

jbayfan
10th May 2010, 08:18
Madiba Bay is a small flight school with a couple of instructors and one old C150 trainer. You do the maths.

There are many flight schools in South Africa who have invested in great infrastructure and a fleet of well-maintained aircraft.

Remember that the weather at the coast in South Africa is very volatile and you will spend many days waiting for it to clear so that you can fly.

Look inland for schools where the weather is good. There are many great schools around Johannesburg.

Sting Stevenson
12th May 2010, 08:29
My suggestion is that you enquire with the local authority to see whether the school in question has a TSO (Training School Ops) Certificate, validating them as an authorised school. Try the SACAA website or call them. No school in South Africa is currently authorised to offer JAA/JAR ground school, but there are a few that do commercial ground schools. Shop around.:ok:

Clintonb
14th May 2010, 15:23
why arent any schools in south africa allowed to do JAA ground school anymore whats the reason for that? i see progress flight academy still do JAA.

wasifakhan88
10th Nov 2011, 10:25
Hi all,

I'm a student from Madiba Bay School of Flight and from my experience it was the best decision I could make by joining them. I agree the school is small and the reason behind this is that its a new school and still lots has to happen with them. The training standards are very good. The future of the school what I see is very good and potential opportunities of students becoming flight instructors are good.