PDA

View Full Version : Rome Police Dog delaying tactics

Sean Dell
7th Jul 2009, 18:30
Arrived late into Rome due slot - short turn around, therefore plenty of hustling to get going ASAP. All going well until........

'your plane has been selected to be searched by the police +dogs'

there then followed 20 mins of........

absolutely nothing....

I call handling agent to ask to hurry up - eventually they turn up.

Meantime, have spoken to company security duty manager - asking what I can and can't do about this.

So Dog team allowed on, 2 handlers with id, 2 without!

Then watched the team, plant 8 packages - including a silver tin and what looked like a cord of wire in seat back pockets! The handlers placed an open safety card in the bin over each row where something had been placed. I'm now not happy and tell police as much - 'You are using my aircraft to train your dogs' They tell me that this is a standard search method 'as carried out by the Americans' and the planted objects are there to keep the dogs interested.

Is this true?

I told them I didn't believe them and they got off the plane.

Security Manager said that they must not plant objects on the aircraft. He also said that he was convinced that this is a delaying tactic to hit certain British/American Airlines and improve Alitalias lot. I am convinced he is correct.

Apologies if you happen to be Italian, but this lot are corrupt to the core. :mad::mad::mad:

Please don't let this nasty little scam carry on unpunnished and ASR/MOR it if it happens to you.

RANT OVER

racedo
7th Jul 2009, 19:07
and improve Alitalias lot.

You had me up to here, not even the prayers of all the pilgrims who visit Rome each year could improve Alitalia.