PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for another PF fly-in?

Genghis the Engineer
6th Jul 2009, 11:35
Say a Saturday in August or September somewhere in the Midlands?

G

PompeyPaul
6th Jul 2009, 11:49
I think, given the number of people I've upset on here over the years, it'd less dangerous to walk around Helmand province with a target painted onto my back!

Mariner9
6th Jul 2009, 12:02
Good idea Genghis.

How about Leicester...is that Midlandsish enough?

it'd less dangerous to walk around Helmand province...

Nah, think you'll find even the most agressive posters on here are total pussycats when you meet them in the flesh :ok:.

BRL
6th Jul 2009, 12:16
Great minds think alike!

I was going to post something about a fly-in this week actually and I have already started the ball rolling for a forum visit to Swanwick for a liaison visit and chat about infringements.

Am looking at trying to get a few more visits and fly-in's together this year as we have not been as busy as we have been a couple of years ago.

I think, given the number of people I've upset on here over the years, it'd less dangerous to walk around Helmand province with a target painted onto my back!

Paul, don't worry mate, I have met hundreds of you guys from this forum and I am still here to tell the tale! :D

Genghis the Engineer
6th Jul 2009, 13:29
Good idea Genghis.

How about Leicester...is that Midlandsish enough?

Nah, think you'll find even the most agressive posters on here are total pussycats when you meet them in the flesh :ok:.

I don't *think* I've been to Leicester (and too lazy to wade through my logbook to check), but looking at their website (http://www.leicesterairport.com/) looks like a fly-in on 5/6 September which would give a few people cheap landing fees (who don't get free landing fees for taking 50 litres of AvGas).

Works for me. Any objections to Leicester on 5 September.

Odds are that I can manage two spare seats from Booker, possibly a third.

G

Rod1
6th Jul 2009, 13:38
The LAA have the biggest event of the year on the 4th 5th 6th Sept at Sywell. I am already booked in with slot times etc. How about the week after?

Rod1

Genghis the Engineer
6th Jul 2009, 15:42
Leicester, 12 September then anybody?

G

Mariner9
6th Jul 2009, 15:59
Count me in, subject to the usual caveats :ok:

Fourbyfour
13th Jul 2009, 20:47
How about Tatenhill on Saturday, 8th August?

(Blatant plug mode - on)

Fly In and Display in aid of the County Air Ambulance. No landing fees, 1200m of hard runway and 500m of grass (subject to weather prior to the event).

Displays from Mark Jefferies in the Extra 330 and Genady Elfimov in the Yak 52.:ok:

Food, drink, ice-creams..........what more could you want.

(Plug mode - off)

Jasp.

west lakes
13th Jul 2009, 21:26
Following on from the previous post

For those oop north!

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/380271-kirkbride-fly-26th-july.html

Jofm5
7th Aug 2009, 22:44
With 3.5 hrs into my PPL it does not look like I will be able to make it unless I drag (pay for) my instructor to come along (whats the epaulettes policy). Unless anyone has a spare seat I can observe from (will share costs).

I was going to post something about a fly-in this week actually and I have already started the ball rolling for a forum visit to Swanwick for a liaison visit and chat about infringements.

I am very interested in this and also visiting a tower of an airfield if poss as EGLG is a not so busy grass strip with no ATC as such to visit.

Genghis the Engineer
8th Aug 2009, 05:47
Well bumped.

So, are we still on for Leicester on 12 September?

JofM5 - can you make it to Booker? I'm sure that I can offer you a spare seat.

G

Note: I should still have another two spare seats after that.

Katamarino
8th Aug 2009, 06:44
Damn, the 12th coinicides with a very large fly-in organised by the 'other' forum. Its going to be a good one!