PDA

View Full Version : Air Malta

Grabbers
4th Jul 2009, 21:06
Hello

Anyone any info the carrier that is Air Malta? Flying with them on Mon and unsure as to what to expect. Also, while I'm here, is it standard European electricity etc? One last thing, where's good for a beer?

Cheers

Grabbers

TSR2
5th Jul 2009, 10:42
Grabbers,

If you are flying from Manchester on KM146, the aircraft will be an Airbus A320. I understand the service is charter standard.

Standard 3 pin plugs in Malta.

The beer in Malta gives you wind.

Capot
5th Jul 2009, 11:27
The several flights I've had to take with Air Malta this year (ex LHR) were better than "charter" standard, as a generalisation that assumes a certain perception of that standard. On that route, much of a muchness with BA.

Diver_Dave
5th Jul 2009, 14:48
Full service airline. Always a nice
experience on board.

Only alcoholic drinks to pay for.

Never had any major problems and they are VERY
understanding with weight allownaces as I'm a diver.
(We're even better when I was out to do my instructor course)

On the island...

Cisk larger and Hopleaf (light ale) are the local brews.

Blue label is another a smoothflow ale(ish) thing
that does give me wind!

HTH

DaveA

P.s

Anyone know where you can get Hopleaf in the UK, Cisk-Farsons
haven't been a lot of help!

the bald eagle
5th Jul 2009, 14:56
Flew back with them on Friday night

Cabin Crew are having a dispute with their management and are working to rule

Normally Air Malta crews are pleasant but the CC we got were as miserble as sin so be prepared for some ****e service

Cin Cin bar in Qawra is a really good gaff!!

Grabbers
5th Jul 2009, 15:03
All

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Grabbers

the bald eagle
5th Jul 2009, 15:19
& Take your sun hat with you...It ain't arf hot there:ok:

TightSlot
5th Jul 2009, 18:01
I've got a feeling (memory tempo poor after LAX-LHR this morn) that Final 3 Greens is something of a KM fan - hopefully we shall hear from him at some point.

ptr120
6th Jul 2009, 21:05
Flew with Air Malta last August from DUS to Malta and back last summer. On the outbound we were the only people seated in business class of the A320 (possibly thanks to having charmed the check in agents at DUS) although still with Eco class meals but J class service :-). Only bad point was the constant chattering from the over madeup FA's who all seated themselves in the tiny J class section for takeoff and landing.

The return flight was full in both classes. Appart from having a seat infront of the exit row (and thus no recline) the flight was fine. A hot pasta dish as the in flight meal plus an extra bottle of white wine from the over madeup FA (same as the outbound flight) to make up for the poor seat.

Would I fly with Air Malta again? Sure. Just wish getting LH M&M credit was easier / quicker

Final 3 Greens
8th Jul 2009, 09:20
Tightslot

Yes, I am a bit of a KM fan, as I use the airline regularly and they look after me very well.

The cabin crew were taking industrial action and as a result no hot or alcoholic drinks were served on KM flights for about 3 weeks, which was insane in my opinion.

However, relatively normal service was restored about 2 weeks ago and the only disruption (as of 5 days ago) was the cabin crew union directing their memebers not distribute the Times of Malta newspaper, as they allege it will not print their press releases.

This action, in my opinion, would be worthy of ZANU PF and does the union or their members little credit in my view.

KM is a mediterranean airline and in common with others in the region service is inconsistent, varying from superb to acceptable, I am describing the Club cabin, since I only fly in that class and cannot comment on the Y product.

Air Malta has a small fleet of A319 and A320, which are young and offer similar accomodation to other full service airlines. Seat pitch seems similar to BA and LH.

If I were considering the Gatwick run, where BA use their famous thigh grabber 737s, then IŽd take KM every time, even though Jetset Lady and her colleagues at BA offer a very good service.

KM have looked after me well over the years and the advantage of a small airline is easy access to senrio people, when necessary.

The corporate section head, RP, is superb at his job.

shortfinal12
28th Nov 2009, 12:13
do any of you guys know contact details for flight ops of air malta? their website reveals very little and what email addresses i have found have all bounced.

any of u guys be kind enough to PM me them?

cheers,