PDA

View Full Version : China Caac Atpl Exam Book

Brian304
4th Jul 2009, 14:33
Hi all

I just wondered if anyone has the CAAC exam book " The Aviation Theory Course For Airline Transport Pilot" either for sale or for borrowing? Also if anyone has the CCAR document regarding chinese duty times e.t.c. I couldn't find the hardback book copy for the caac exam book, they only sell the e-version of it currently on the chinese website.

Thanks for the help, Happy Landings!!!

Brian304:ok:

ReverseFlight
4th Jul 2009, 16:47
Not quite sure what you mean, as their website says "paperback", not e-version: China Scientific Book Services - Details of Books (http://www.hceis.com/book.asp?id=3703)

Perhaps you can get a colleague on the Beijing sector to purchase one on your behalf.:ok:

Brian304
4th Jul 2009, 17:38
Well for some reason it still says "Buy the e-book now", I live right next to beijing. The problem is i've asked other book stores by telephone and they all say the book is un-orderable, maybe there not publishing it anymore. So only e-version is available now.

Anyway anyone with the hardback copy of the book willing to sell or borrow?

Brian304
6th Jul 2009, 02:52
Well I just called the bookstore "China Scientific Book Services" and they only have the E-book now, due to the publisher not printing anymore hardback copies.

:ok:

mingalababya
6th Jul 2009, 05:24
You'll need more than just the "blue book" for the written exams. There's a set of sample questions as well floating around as well. I have some copies of some of the questions but they may be a little old. The FAA ATP questions are also a good source to study from. If you're in China at the moment, try and touch base with some expat pilots. They can give you the heads up. BTW, brush up on your Chinglish as well. Engrish.com (http://www.engrish.com) is a good resource for that. ;)

JotaJota
6th Jul 2009, 15:37
Brian, pm me w/ ur email and I'll send you some study guides.. But also study the GLEIM book.

Tough test!

MaintainYourHeading
9th Jul 2009, 00:37
I have the question bank for the CAAC ATPL... it is a bit old but it will help !!! the only problem I have is that my folder is 45 Mb. if you know a way to send you that then pm me !! maybe via msn or something. if you study those, plus the blue ATPL book, along with all the performance/weight and balance topics in the ATP Gleim then the test will be no problem and out of the way in no time ! Be sure to study the performance tables on A320, they like to ask on those. There is no sample questions to study from the Gleim so if you never flew Airbus before (like me) then the blue book is really the only solution but it is not a big problem.

The ATPL will be divided as follows:

about 25 questions on performance/weight and balance calculations.
about 40 to 50 questions from the question bank I have.
the rest questions I never saw before but quite straight forward. some on basic maneuvers etc...

Julien

Brian304
9th Jul 2009, 11:16
Thanks all, but i'm still looking for the "Blue book" aswell currently, the one where you can study from for the exam, is there an electronic copy anywhere downloadable apart from paying the 34 bucks for the electronic version? (which would be my last resort). Also anyone has the CCAR document regarding the duty times e.t.c?...

Thanks all, have a nice day!!!:p

MaintainYourHeading
9th Jul 2009, 12:46
details of duty times can be found in CCAR 121 which is available in English

cheers