PDA

View Full Version : CASR Allowed in ATPL Law exam??

Artificial Horizon
4th Jul 2009, 13:04
Title says it all really, I had my CASR folder taken off me in the CPL Law exam even though I thought that technically they came under the CAR's. I am now studying for the ATPL Law exam and a good proportion of the questions are referenced to answers in the CASR's. Ar they allowed in the exam?? I have looked on the CASA website but haven't found an answer yet.:}

Monopole
4th Jul 2009, 13:55
AH

Short answer..... Yes :ok:

jetstar1
4th Jul 2009, 21:40
Monopole, disagree...

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - CASA exam material provided and required (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD:1827136230:pc=PC_90074)

CAR
The CAR required in flight crew exams is the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (CAR). Other than for the CPL Balloon Air Law exam (CLWB) and the aeroplane agricultural rating exam (AGRA), the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR) is NOT required nor permitted.

And while we are at it, permitted materials for AALW:

Provided by ASL to candidate
Scribble pad

Required/to be supplied by candidate
CAR
CAO Parts 20 to 95.2
AIP Book
ERSA complete
Daps East & West
All ERC High & Low
All TAC
AUS PCA

Phil O'Rupp
4th Jul 2009, 22:19
They will only let you take in exactly what it says on the list of allowed items. I did ATPL air law a couple of months ago and wasn't allowed to use the CASR. You will also have to remove any additional parts of the CAO that are not on the list. I even had a minor disagreement with the supervisor over a ruler I had, she wasn't going to let me keep it as it had holes in it (so it could be inserted into a binder) and thought it was some kind on non-regulation nav equipment (even though it was marked in centimetres:ugh:).