PDA

View Full Version : BCFT

mattyh1986
4th Jul 2009, 09:41
Hi,

Apologies if this topic has already been covered but I looked and I couldnt find it.

I just wanted to get some feedback on Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training school, do they have a good reputation in the industry, would love to hear back from people who have done training with BCFT and now in full time employment.

I have noticed that their costs are considerably lower than the likes of OAA and CTC, is it a reflection of the quality?

How do the airlines view candidates from BCFT, as oppose to a candidate from CTC or OAA?

Any feedback is most appreciated

Finals19
4th Jul 2009, 09:47
I visited them when I was looking at doing my flight training. They seem like a fairly large operation, well equipped office / briefing areas and well set up FNPTII that mirrors a BE76. Not sure how many core full time instructors they have and had some difficulty getting precise information on student / instructor ratio.

What did surprise me at the time was that for a physically large looking operation, they didn't have many aircraft - think it was three BE76 plus 2 SEP. I wanted to do my IR first, then my CPL and when I pitched this to them (for good reasons as I already had +1000hrs TT and an ICAO CPL/IR) the answer came back "why on earth would you want to do that?" This was a bit of a clincher for me as I was concerned on their flexibiity to tailor training.

So I walked across the road and visited Professional Air Training. The rest is history. Clearly I'm now a fan of PAT and have no regrets.

ford cortina
4th Jul 2009, 10:47
Did my IR at BCFT a few years ago, along with several others. We all have Jet jobs from BAe146 upto 757's.
BCFT did what we asked, helped us get IR's. Mine was a first time pass.
No complaints.
Why would a Airline even bother where you trained, my Airline never even looked and to be fair neither did the airlines of the guys I am still in contact with.
Best of luck

Busbar
4th Jul 2009, 11:08
Hi,

I did all my training here and they were excellent. First time pass in CPL and IR. I finished back in 2003 with them, good and friendly organisation. I now fly Airbus for a major national carrier, and previously Boeing's for a large UK carrier. So did me no harm!!

Good luck!

BB

Brian304
9th Jul 2009, 16:36
Did my CPL with them less than a year ago, great set-up. If your doing CPL, Laurance Fordham is the way to go, nice CPL instructor. Don't know if he's still there though. Also theres a great little pub by the airport, spent some great times in there, and they also do some nice food...

All the best...:ok:

dand07
9th Jul 2009, 17:10
I agree laurence fordham is a brilliant instructor

mattyh1986
9th Jul 2009, 19:10
I havent even got my PPL yet, was thinking of doing the whole 9 yards with BCFT , I have been offered a place at one of the top FTO's but im thinking I could get the same peice of paper fATPL for considerable less. Of course reputaion comes into play, but ive heard good things about BCFT so not sure what to do.

Also with BCFT I can take a break from training if the economy doesnt pick up and Ill have debt in to order of £20,000 as oppose to £60,000.

Any thoughts!

Fogbound
30th Jul 2009, 17:29
I like your wording 'I've been OFFERED a place'
Of course you have, how much will you be paying for it! Remember wherever you go, however they package it, you are a customer. You will be paying for the training you receive. You are a student there to learn, but it is your money as a customer first and foremost.
:ugh::=:ugh::ok:

SinBin
1st Aug 2009, 11:17
I was there 3 years ago, now flying Airbus. I listened to all the crap spouted by the big players in training, it's all bollox. Got a jet job 4 months after finishing at BCFT based at LHR, now flying to the likes of Khartoum, Tehran and Manchester. Can't think which is worse!

BCFT did the job and I finished my IR in 6 weeks whilst working full time. Of course other schools said this was impossible!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
1st Aug 2009, 12:11
I reckon SinBin was absent the day they taught cross wind landings at BCFT, I saw him float half way down 27L the other day with the wrong rudder in, aint that right SinBin? ;).

SinBin
1st Aug 2009, 17:52
Cheeky barsteward, you wait til I give you a good kicking down-route somewhere!!!:}