PDA

View Full Version : JetA1 Kananga/Tshikapa

captain danger
4th Jul 2009, 05:57
Hi there guys/gals,

Anybody have current info on the fuel status at either of these airports?
Need to uplift around 1000litres on ferry flight.

Execujet are busy with clearances and we wish to route as directly as possible to Chad. Have done the FALA-FYOA-FCBB-FKKY-FTTJ umteen times and looking to do someting different.

Am able to carry 4 x 200l drums and refuel myself if need be. Are either of these airports official ports of entry and will i get a clearance purely for a tech stop if they arent?

Many tks for any info tel/sat contacts etc :ok:

MetoPower
4th Jul 2009, 16:30
No offence, but it would be better for you to wake up and walk out of lala land.

MP

gerhardv8
5th Jul 2009, 15:36
Chk your PM for contact details!

captain danger
6th Jul 2009, 07:43
Many thanks Gerhard, thats the type of info were looking for.:ok:

Will call yre mate later today, thats of course if i haven't woken up and left lala land :rolleyes:

All the best

Danger.

JTrain
6th Jul 2009, 14:41
Mbuji Mayi is probably better for regular Jet A access. Its not too far to the east of Kananga, maybe 50 or 70 nm. The service there was reasonable last time I topped up.

~400 nm SE of Mbuji Mayi there is Lubumbashi, which almost always has Jet A.

~100nm SE of Lubumbashi is Ndolo, Zambia, which will have Jet A

About 370ish nm nww of Kananga is Kinshasa, which will have Jet A.

Although why anyone would stop in DR Congo when you have other choices is beyond me.....

jt

Mobotu
6th Jul 2009, 23:32
Captain Danger - I hope as your name suggests you are preparred for a little......Tshikapa and Kananga are both not international points of entry into DRC and from previous experience with similiar requests including Execujet it is difficult but not impossible to obtain. You did not mention what type of aircraft you are flying to Chad???
TKP is a gravel runway in very poor condition with large loose stones covering the uneven surface. Numerous flat tires, damaged flaps and belly skins and even a smashed windcreen await you there.
KNG is fine and fuel there is around $1.10 a litre, however as Jtrain mentioned MBJ is 50nm to the East, as international point of entry and they have plenty of Jet A1 however the price is higher.
There is also Mbandaka further north - although not international they have Jet A1 and many aircraft pass by on ferry flights with no problems.
Welcome to the Jungle Bro!:E