PDA

View Full Version : Filling in childs log book.

sammie1
3rd Jul 2009, 12:18
As a surprise for my son, I've recently been given a blank British Airways Skyflyer log book. My son is nearly two and taking his first flight very soon. We are flying Flybe and then not long afterwards a Thomson flight. My question is would pilots consider filling this in for my son even though we're not flying BA ?? It would be really nice to keep a log of all his flights.

Thanks in advance,

Sammie.

Chesty Morgan
3rd Jul 2009, 12:22
Sammie it's not a problem if it's a BA one. I get them all the time. Just ask at a quiet time in the cruise or before landing.

It's nice to see some children with more hours than me:}

Bealzebub
3rd Jul 2009, 14:12
Yes that is absolutely true. We usually get presented with these at least once a week. The great thing is that many of the owners are even more "middle aged" than I am. They have some interesting histories in a few of them. In days of old we would have probably invited the owners up to reclaim them, but alas that is no longer possible.

I think it is a nice thing to do for your kids and gives them an added interest in flying as they get a bit more aware of such things. Nobody minds filling them in at all.

Rainboe
3rd Jul 2009, 16:40
I always enjoyed filling them in, whether for our own flights or any other airlines. It's a privilege to help keep the history going on a book that will be treasured for life. Some people keep very complicated and deep books going, with names of all the crew. It's nice to be part of that (but I NEVER sign as 'Cap'n Rainboe' for fear of spoiling peoples' day)

But God help them if they spell badly!

CornishFlyer
3rd Jul 2009, 19:09
Yeah every time I get given them I always pass them onto the flight crew and never had a denial (easyJet)

sammie1
3rd Jul 2009, 19:37
Thanks for the replies, I'll certainly be handing it over in the hope the flight crew have time to fill it in. Just hope the little one behaves on his first flight !!

Sammie.

salsaboy
3rd Jul 2009, 20:37
Have done quite a few and asked the cabin crew to bring the owner up to the flight deck to collect it on the way out... Still lovely to see their faces light up when they see the buttons, lights and screens (like mine does during the first flight of the day checks! :rolleyes:)

cpdlcuser
14th Jul 2009, 21:40
I have to say, I have had the pleasure of filling these things in for the past 20 odd years. I have always considered it an honour.
I now have a 6 month old boy who is clocking up a shed load of air miles and I would love to have a book for him if anyone has a spare, I think it would be a lovely memo for him especially as his old dad can sign the odd page or two.
Happy to pay, collect etc.
Cheers chaps.

PAXboy
14th Jul 2009, 23:08
Earlier this year I got one from these folks for my great nephew:
http://www.aviationworld.net/product.asp?pID=31&cID=519&c=14631
There are in Canada but printed the name right and posted to me.

CornishFlyer
16th Jul 2009, 09:08
I can get one of the aforementioned BA ones if you like and forward it on unless you'd rather have a proper one