PDA

View Full Version : Mali Air Express

OldSF3Dude
2nd Jul 2009, 20:59
Anybody worked at Mali Air Express or know anything about them? I applied for a Saab-340 captain job there and a couple days ago was basically offered the job on the phone. I accepted and they were suppossed to contact me the next day and send me tickets to get there, etc. Since then I've heard nothing and have been unable to contact them. Some people I know who are familiar with Africa say this sort of thing is normal there, but it seems odd to me.

In any case, I would be very interested in any details about the airline and pilot's experiences there.

Thanks!

Arik
2nd Jul 2009, 21:25
Not worked for them, but can add:

1. It's Africa
2. They are part of the Aga Khan group which includes Air Burkina & a Ugandan airline ... so should be solid! Aga Khan has other interests in W.Africa apart from aviation

Arik

FrancoisM
3rd Jul 2009, 00:14
Arik: It's Compagnie Aérienne du Mali who is part of the Aga Khan Group.
Aswell as the A319 Celestair BTW.

RICCARDOVOLANTE
3rd Jul 2009, 04:40
Well just a few points:
1) The owner of Mali Air Express still own me 2000 USD after one year I left.
2) Airplanes are very old and no good maintenance at all
3) Expecting a very tricky contract so better do not count on it.
4) Attitude of the owner towards pilots very poor ,that is why MAE lost more than 60 per cent of his crews in less than one year .
5) Never ground an airplane for any reason such weather, maintenance and so on... because if you do not like you can go home.

I guess when they need you you got a job on the spot.....otherwise you are nobody ........
R.V.

Arik
3rd Jul 2009, 05:37
Thanks Francois, so they are; shouldn't be answering posts at silly hours of the morning!

Arik

Jockey Straddler
27th Nov 2009, 07:18
You are all over the world, man...:D

Made a refuel stop at Nairobi a couple of months ago...

Guess who did I see? Your Old and very best friend from Arusha of course... Mighty Mike. I simply disappeared.:}:}:}