PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland to Spain: Advanced Passenger Information required?

LH2
2nd Jul 2009, 20:17
Greetings

A Spanish acquaintance is travelling from Switzerland to Spain, and the airline's online check-in system insists on the passenger providing advanced passenger information for this booking.

As far as I understand this only applies to flights originating ex-Schengen, which this is not. Am I missing something, or is the airline simply being as lousy at updating their website as they were at designing it to start with?

G-BPED
2nd Jul 2009, 20:22
Greetings

A Spanish acquaintance is travelling from Switzerland to Spain, and the airline's online check-in system insists on the passenger providing advanced passenger information for this booking.

As far as I understand this only applies to flights originating ex-Schengen, which this is not. Am I missing something, or is the airline simply being as lousy at updating their website as they were at designing it to start with?

The Spanish authorities now require API for all passengers flying into Spain regardless of Schengen status.

Regards,

G-BPED

LH2
2nd Jul 2009, 22:47
The Spanish authorities now require API for all passengers flying into Spain regardless of Schengen status.

Cheers. I was unaware of that.